PDGA Tournament Manager Help: Scoring Management
- Round Scores
- Hole Scores / Live Scores
- Uploading Scores for Team/Doubles Events
Enter Round Scores
Option 1 - Round Scores
The Round Scores page allows for entering individual round scores one at a time. This is often used for events with tee times, as scores can easily be entered as they are turned in at tournament central.
- Click on Round Scores in the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the appropriate Round (Round 1, Round 2, etc.).
- Click on the appropriate division.
- Locate the player(s) name(s) in the list and enter the score(s) for the round.
- Click the "Update" button at the top or the bottom of the list of player names.
Option 2 - Upload
The final version of the Scores tab on the TD Report that contains all the correct player names and divisions can now be used to upload scores after each round.
- Enter the scores for each player into the TD Report for the respective round that has just finished.
- Highlight the following field names and subsequent rows:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Rd2 (if scores are entered)
- Rd3 (if scores are entered)
- Rd4 (if scores are entered)
- The remaining columns (Final, Total, Cash/Value, Decline) do not need to be copied for a basic scores upload.
- Copy the highlighted section (Ctrl+C or Command+C).
- In Tournament Manager, click on Upload in the menu at the top of the page.
- Make sure the box for "First row in results contain field names" is CHECKED and the "Overwrite results" box is UNCHECKED.
- Paste the data into the box (Ctrl+V or Command+V).
- Note: The data in the box may not appear to line up correctly, but this is normal. Proceed with the steps to upload the scores.
- Once the data has been pasted into the box, click the "Next >>" button.
- The "Field Mappings" page asks if the field names from the spreadsheet match the available database columns.
- Note: Set T.O. field (Trophy Only) and the "Place" field to blank using the dropdown menus. These are not needed for uploading scores.
- When all fields are mapped correctly, click the "Next >>" button.
- You will now be asked to match players that do not have an assigned PDGA number and/or add new players that were not uploaded previously.
- If any players in the list do not match a previously uploaded player, check the "New" box for that player in the first column.
- When everything looks correct, click the "Next >>" button.
- If there are any ties that need to be broken, set the correct "Finish Place" for each player.
- Only ties for 1st place must be broken.
- The "Summary Information" page provides an opportunity to double check the data before committing the upload to the database. If everything looks okay, click the "Next >>" button to complete the upload.
- The upload process has been completed and an "Upload Successful" message and the "Tournament Result Summary" should now be displayed. For full results, click on the "more" links under the top three results from each division or on "Results" in the navigation menu at the top of the page.
Hole Scores / Live Scores
The Hole Scores feature, often referred to as simply "live scoring", is used for entering in scores for each hole for individual players. There are two different ways to set up live scoring rounds. The first option was created for players, caddies, spectators, and/or volunteers that want to use the live scoring feature, but do not have access to Tournament Manager. The second requires access to Tournament Manager and should only be used by event staff.
Create Hole Scoring Access Code
Whether or not you intend to have volunteers out on the course helping with live scoring during the round(s), it's best to create the live scoring access code.
- In Tournament Manager, click on Setup in the menu.
- Set an access code in the Hole Scoring section. The access code can be any number of characters and it will NOT be case sensitive for your volunteers, even if it contains capital letters. It's best to keep the access code short and easy to remember so that volunteers can get logged in quickly and help other people that want to keep score logged in as well.
- Click the Update Access Code button. The message "Tournament scoring access code updated" will appear at the top of the page.
Live Scoring Setup and Scorekeeping with the PDGA Tournament Scoring app (for volunteer scorekeepers)
This option allows anyone with the live scoring Access Code to enter scores for each hole for whatever players they choose, without having access to Tournament Manager.
- Have your volunteers open any browser on their mobile device and go to www.pdga.com/score. The volunteer will be prompted to enter the Access Code and press the Submit button.
- The volunteer will be prompted to select the appropriate division, round, and then check the names of the players on the specific card they will be following. Once players are selected, click Continue.
- The scoring screen will load with the names of each player selected from the previous screen. The default starting hole is hole 1, so be sure to remind the player to choose the correct starting hole if for some reason hole 1 is not where the group is starting (e.g. shotgun start).
- Scores for each player will be automatically defaulted to whatever the par is for the hole that is being scored. The volunteers can use the plus or minus buttons to add or remove strokes. When all players have the correct scores, clicking Save & Continue will upload the scores and the page will automatically reload on the hole that follows.
Important Notes for Tournament Director
- If someone creates a round for live scoring that has not yet been created in Tournament Manager manually, it will be created automatically and will appear as a link in the Hole Scoring section of the Setup page.
- As soon as a round is created by a user, be sure to check that the individual hole pars have been assigned properly.
Important Notes for Scorekeepers
- To completely remove a score that was uploaded incorrectly (e.g. volunteer started on hole 1, the group actually started on hole 7), enter a score of 0 for the hole and click Save & Continue. To overwrite an incorrect score, simply change the score and click Save & Continue.
- Using the blue left and right arrow buttons allows players to move to a new hole quickly but does NOT update the scores.
- Volunteers can check the live scores they are entering by clicking the Check Scores link at the top of the page.
- Volunteers can edit which players they are updating the scores for by clicking the Select Players link at the top of the page.
Create Hole-By-Hole Round - Tournament Manager
Hole-by-hole round can be created in Tournament Manager manually. This is especially useful for those wanting to backfill hole scores after a round is complete (see Add Hole-By-Hole Scores by Hole / Add Hole-By-Hole Scores by Player sections below).
- In Tournament Manager, click on Setup in the menu at the top of the page.
- In the "Hole-By-Hole Rounds" section, click the "Add Round" button.
- Use the dropdown menus to select the appropriate round and player division, then click the "Add Round" button.
- Check the boxes next to the names of the players that should be added and click the "Update" button when finished.
- "Round successfully updated." will be displayed at the top of the page along with a link to "enter scores" or "add another live round".
- As soon as a round is created, be sure to check that the individual hole pars have been assigned properly
Assign Individual Hole Pars
Now that a Hole-By-Hole round has been set up, the pars for each individual hole must be assigned to the course layouts.
- In Tournament Manager, click on Setup in the menu at the top of the page.
- In the "Course Layouts" section at the bottom of the Setup page, click "Edit" next to any Course that has been set up.
- Notice that instead of simply asking for a course description and total course par, the par for each individual hole must be assigned.
- All hole pars will be set to 3 by default. Update any hole that has a par other than 3.
- When all hole pars have been updated, click the "Update" button. A message indicating that the changes were successful will be displayed.
- Return to the Setup page and repeat this process for each of the courses listed.
Add Hole-By-Hole Scores by Hole - Tournament Manager (event staff only)
- After adding a Hole-By-Hole Round and assigning the pars for each hole, click on Hole Scores in the menu at the top of the page.
- The page will display the round you set up and there are links to change the division, as well as any other rounds you may have set up.
- The default starting hole is Hole 1. If you are starting live scoring on a different hole (e.g. during a shotgun start), be sure to click on the correct hole number.
- You can also click on the hole numbers at any time to move around and correct scoring errors.
- To completely erase a score that has already been entered, mark the score with a zero and then update.
- Enter the scores for each player on the card (e.g. 3, 3, 3, 4) and click the Update button.
- After clicking the Update button, the page will reload and automatically move on to the next hole.
- Make sure to enter the scores for every hole to complete the round.
Add Hole-By-Hole Scores by Player
In some situations, it may be easier to add the hole-by-hole scores for a single player for all or some of the holes they've played, all at once. Here's how:
- Follow the steps above to add players for live scoring (if you haven't added them already) and then use the menu at the top of the page to navigate to the Hole Scores page.
- Click on a player's name.
- When the page loads you will see all the available holes for the player.
- Enter the scores for all of the relevant holes one-by-one.
- Click the Update button when finished.
- When the page loads, click the "Return to Round [round number] Hole Scores for [division name]".
View Hole-By-Hole Scoring
- Browse to the results page for the event on PDGA.com by clicking on "Results" in the menu at the top of the page.
- Anyone without access to Tournament manager that wishes to view the Hole-By-Hole Scoring will have to locate the event on the PDGA Event Schedule manually for this step.
- Click the "Hole-By-Hole Scoring" link from within the Event Info section.
Uploading Scores for Team/Doubles Events
This process should be handled in the same way as uploading scores for a singles event, but with two important things to note. See bullet points and screenshot below.
- Doubles/team scores should be entered for each individual doubles/team member.
- When viewing the spreadsheet created from the Export feature, a Team # column will be displayed next to the Team Name column. This column can be ignored and can also be left blank during the Field Mappings step of the upload process.
Note: All players must be eligible for the team division they play in, so the team’s division must be the higher level division if the team members are normally from different divisions.
Example: if the team has one MA1 player and one MA2 player, the team division should be set as MA1. If the team is Mixed Doubles with one MPO player and one FPO player the team division is MPO.