The 2024 PDGA Women's Global Event Presented by Innova
The PDGA Women's Committee is excited to announce that the next PDGA Women's Global Event (WGE) will be May 18-19, 2024
Inaugurated in 2012, this biennial event continues to break records as the largest PDGA event for a single demographic within the sport of disc golf. The 2021 Women's Global Event had 99 registered tournaments that spanned the world, from Florida to Finland, Austin to Australia, Cincinnati to China, with a combined turnout of 3224 women competing in 23 different PDGA divisions. That number grew by over 1,000 players from 2018. We can break that record in 2024!
How It Works
Women from all around the world play two rounds of disc golf at their local participating PDGA Women's Global Event. Scores from the first two rounds of each participating tournament are submitted by the individual tournament directors and rated by the PDGA. These round ratings are totaled and averaged to determine the player's "Global Score." For the rounds to qualify, the event must include two rounds and have at least three ratings propagators playing on the same course layout each round for ratings to be calculated as accurately as possible. The global results are updated throughout the day to determine our PDGA Women’s Global Event Champions and the winner in each division will receive a memorable trophy.
*Note for Juniors 12 and Under: As in previous years, Juniors 12 and under will have only one round included into the overall PDGA Women’s Global Event. The layout played by Juniors must have at least 3 propagators (with 8 officially rated rounds of 700+) playing that same layout to get an accurate rating for the PDGA Women’s Global Event.
- To be a part of this event, just register to play in a local PDGA sanctioned tournament that is part of the WGE.
- Check with your local tournament director to make sure they've registered the event as a Women's Global Event with the PDGA.
- The PDGA has waived all temporary membership and player fees for all WGE divisions at this global event so that it is more accessible for new players. Please note that if a WGE event is sanctioned at B-Tier or above, membership requirements still apply.
- Check with your tournament director for more information on your local event, including whether the TD is providing the official WGE Player’s Pack to tournament registrants.
- For additional event details, please read the Women's Global Event FAQs.
- Are you already running a PDGA sanctioned tournament on the weekend of WGE and would like to update it to include WGE? Register your event as a Women's Global Event with the PDGA.
- Set up tournament registration for your Women's Global Event on Disc Golf Scene.
- You must offer all PDGA junior, professional and amateur women's divisions at your event.
- You are strongly encouraged to purchase WGE player’s packages from the Official PDGA Store for your tournament entrants (not yet available).
- For additional event details on how to register your own event please read the Women's Global Event FAQs.
Women's Committee subcommittee for the 2024 Women's Global Event
- Serenity Madison
- Sherry Herzog
- Dana Lit
- Melanie Hale
- Maureen Miller
- Tricia Buchholz
- Anne Reese-Tarnay
- Madison Tomaino
- Andrea Michaud
- Renae Farr
PDGA Women's Committee
- Committee Chair: Sherry Herzog
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- PDGA Board Liaison: Leah Tsinajinnie
- PDGA Staff Liaison: Jennie Greathouse-Nance
- Committee Member: Sarah Hokom
- Committee Member: Cristina Carlstrom
- Committee Member: Laura Nagtegaal
- Committee Member: Anne Reese
- Committee Member: Karin Falcone
- Committee Member: Renae Farr
- Committee Member: Serenity Madison
- Committee Member: Andréa Michaud
- Committee Member: Sofía Almada Olvera
- Committee Member: Madison Tomaino
- Committee Member: Melanie Hale
- Committee Member: Tricia Buchholz