As a TD, what are the mandatory requirements for the WGE? (Tournament Directors)
- You must comply with all the current PDGA Tour Standards.
- It is recommended that WGE tournaments use DiscGolfScene.com for their online player registration pages. This allows WGE staff to streamline our communication to both the players and tournament directors.
- You must offer all 23 female divisions, even if there is only one player in a division. Participants are competing against women around the globe via round rating so these players are not actually playing alone.
- All WGE tournaments must be officially sanctioned by the PDGA. To sanction your tournament please visit http://www.pdga.com/online-sanctioning-agreement and submit a sanctioning agreement. Please be sure to specify in the Event Notes that you would like your tournament to be included in the Women's Global Event.
- For Junior divisions under 12, the score of the first round, will be submitted by the Tournament Director and rated by the PDGA. Note that the layout played by Juniors under 12 must have at least three propagators (with eight officially rated rounds of 700+) playing that same layout to get an accurate rating for the PDGA Women's Global Event. For all other divisions, scores from the first two rounds of each participating tournament will be submitted by the individual Tournament Directors and rated by the PDGA. These round ratings will be totaled and averaged to determine a player's "Global Score." For the rounds to qualify, the event must include two rounds and have at least three ratings propagators (players with a PDGA rating of 700+ and a minimum of eight officially rated rounds) playing on the same course layout during each round for ratings to be calculated as accurately as possible. Global Scores will be updated throughout the day with our Women's Global Event Champions being officially announced on August 15, 2022, via PDGA.com.
- If you are sanctioning a standalone WGE tournament with only female competitors, please name your event as “WGE - XX” where XX is the name of your event. (For example “WGE – Springfield Disc Gals”). This will allow the WGE event staff to identify that you are holding a female-only event and we will color code the event in pink.
- If there will be male and female participants add “+ WGE” to the end of the tournament title (For example “Springfield Sizzler + WGE").