Competition Manual for Disc Golf Events
The PDGA recognizes that the strength of the organization and the sustainability of tournament disc golf are reliant on the partnership between the PDGA and the Tournament Director. In order to help the Tournament Director to better perform their job, the PDGA has endowed them with certain rights. The Tournament Director also has responsibilities to the PDGA and its players, including but not limited to the following:
- Any qualified, current PDGA member interested in running a PDGA-sanctioned event may be required to take and pass an online tournament procedures assessment test before being able to direct that event. That test will be based upon the PDGA Rules of Play and the Competition Manual.
- Tournament Directors agree to follow PDGA Tour Standards and Sanctioning Requirements for the event’s designated Tier level.
- Tournament Directors may be required to sign a statement acknowledging that they have read the PDGA Rules of Play and the Competition Manual, and agree to abide by and enforce their contents before being able to direct any PDGA-sanctioned event.
- Tournament Directors must disclose the financial information for their tournaments as listed in the PDGA Sanctioning Agreement. However, beyond the PDGA-required disclosures, any additional release of tournament-related financial information is solely at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Tournament Directors may not refuse service to anyone based on their race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation and/or religion.
- Tournament Directors must abide by active PDGA player disciplinary actions.
- Any issues that may arise during a tournament, whether or not covered in any existing PDGA document, including allegations of abuse of responsibilities by a Tournament Director, may be brought to the attention of the PDGA through the PDGA Disciplinary Process.
- Failure to properly report the results of an event or to meet the financial obligations of the event may lead to further disciplinary action including the suspension of the Tournament Director’s PDGA membership and privileges.
Outline of Contents
Disc Golf Rules and Standards
- Official Rules of Disc Golf
- Competition Manual for Disc Golf Events
- Section 1: Tournament Procedures
- Section 2: Division Qualifications
- Section 3: Player Code of Conduct
- Translated Rules of Disc Golf
- Becoming a PDGA Certified Rules Official
- Tour Standards
- Technical Standards
- Disc Golf Rules History