Competition Manual for Disc Golf Events
3.05 Carts, Caddies and Groups
Last updated: Friday, December 31, 2021 - 16:05
- Players are required to walk during their tournament rounds at all PDGA events unless alternate transportation such as golf carts are provided within the regular event entry fee (not as an opt-in) to all players within a single competitive division.
- A caddie is a person who carries a player's equipment or provides other assistance during the round. Players may designate one caddie at a time during their round. A caddie must be at least 13 years of age and must comply with the same Official Rules of Disc Golf and Competition Manual their player must follow, including the dress code, although a caddie need not be a PDGA member nor Certified Official.
- Players choosing to use a caddie will be solely responsible for their caddie’s conduct from the two-minute signal until the player’s scorecard is submitted. Any penalties for misconduct by a caddie (as defined in this section and in 3.03) will be applied to both player and caddie.
- Caddies are not part of the player group for the purposes of making group calls or rulings.
- Players must instruct their caddies to maintain a reasonable distance and not to interfere with a competitor’s throw.
- For those players wishing to use a carrying device, approved carrying devices include disc golf bags, foldable chairs and push cart companions. No animals, motor-driven or bicycle-type devices shall be allowed as a carrying device at any PDGA events.
- In PDGA Majors and Elite Series events, the group consists of the players themselves, each player’s individual caddie, any active Tournament staff such as leaderboard attendants, Tournament Officials, etc. and any credentialed media ONLY. No other people may be with the playing group. All others (including players who have already finished their round) are considered spectators and must remain in designated spectator areas away from the playing group.
Outline of Contents
Disc Golf Rules and Standards
- Official Rules of Disc Golf
- Competition Manual for Disc Golf Events
- Section 1: Tournament Procedures
- Section 2: Division Qualifications
- Section 3: Player Code of Conduct
- Translated Rules of Disc Golf
- Becoming a PDGA Certified Rules Official
- Tour Standards
- Technical Standards
- Disc Golf Rules History