Northern State Disc Golf Course
The hole variation was nice, some of the holes aren't marked at all. I really liked the unique 'homemade' baskets left next to the updated ones. The views are amazing, but we spent a very long time either looking for our discs in the long grass or looking for where to throw. It would be nice to see signs at the tees giving an idea of where the basket is.
We had to go into the abandoned building near 3, and I'm sure that if we hadn't met some locals on 13, we never would have gotten through the rest of the course. It was challenging and beautiful.
Pros: Great variation in hole lengths and elevation. Really makes you think about shot placement when shooting around dog-legs and over gullies. Some very long holes that made me work harder on my driving!
Cons: Hole 3 is still trashed, but there is still something dangling to hit; hole 11 was completely missing, only the stub of the pole left. No sign at 17 tee box. Most tee boxes were unusable, and had to throw from the grass next to it. Poor signage would have killed it for me if I had not brought a map, and even then I had to search a couple times for the tee box and/or hole.
Other Thoughts: This place has the potential to really be something special with some new (concrete) tee boxes, and regular baskets (get rid of the artsy fartsy ones). I really enjoyed playing it, even though I played really conservatively, but I will definitely be back with a group, to try it again!
Very long holes, the art baskets are weird but interesting. This course would be amazing if it was mowed more than every few months. Standing waist deep in grass looking for a neon orange disc for 30min is pathetic. If you are good enough to stay exactly on the path and avoid the evil thorn patches then this course is wonderful. Just needs regular upkeep.
Courses Close By
- Bakerview Park, Mount Vernon WA US(1 vote)
- Rotary Park Disc Golf, Anacortes WA US(1 vote)
- Church Creek Park Disc Golf, Stanwood WA US(1 vote)
- Cornwall Park, Bellingham WA US(3 votes)
- Twin Rivers, Arlington WA US(2 votes)
- Fort Nugent Park Disc Golf, Oak Harbor WA US(3 votes)
- Vanderyacht Park, Ferndale WA USNo votes yet
- Frost Creek, Maple Falls WA USNo votes yet
- Tyee Farms Disc Golf Course, Camano Island WA USNo votes yet
- Mount Baker Farm , Eastsound WA US(1 vote)