Pros: -Nice scenery
-Three decent holes (3, 6, 9)
-Most goals in good shape
Cons: -Tee boxes dirt and not well marked
-Very few tee signs found
-Tricky navigating without map. No next tee signage or direction.
-One goal is bent badly
-Lots of walking scenery getting in the way. Especially on 6-9.
Other Thoughts: Furman is a beautiful campus with plenty of beautiful people, but that is about the only draw for coming to this course.
We left our map at home, and I wish we hadn't. It took forever to find Hole 1 because we did not want to cross a locked fence that stated the cross-country running course was closed. When we finally did cross it, we walked right up to hole 1.
Hole 1 and 2 were nothing to be excited about. At least they had tee signs, so that was nice, but the tee boxes are nothing more than worn out dirt marked by two stones at the tee line. The throws on the first 2 holes were not difficult at all.
Hole 3 and 4 were a little challenging but for different reasons. Hole 3 was a tunnel shot that provided a little technical challenge. Hole 4 goal was surrounded by 8 ft tall weeds.
When you get around to 6-9, the beautiful scenery comes into play. Most was nice to look at, but it took way to long to wait for a safe window to throw on a Saturday afternoon. I did like the big anhyzer shot on 6 and the long tight window on 9.
In the end, I will probably never play this course again with out some kind of change. The walking scenery is way to close on the back 3, and it felt unsafe throwing there. There was not much in the way of challenge offered here.
Courses Close By
- Holmes Park, Greenville SC US(1 vote)
- Timmons Park, Greenville SC US(4 votes)
- Dacusville DGC, Easley SC US(2 votes)
- Gower Park, Greenville SC US(1 vote)
- Century Park Disc Golf Course, Greer SC US(1 vote)
- Foothills Disc Golf Course, Easley SC US(1 vote)
- Easley High School Disc Golf, Easley SC USNo votes yet
- Simpsonville City Park, Simpsonville SC US(1 vote)
- Holston Creek Park, Inman SC US(1 vote)
- Tyger River Park, Duncan SC US(3 votes)