Foothills Disc Golf Course
Pros: -Concrete tee pads are in good shape.
-Most holes had tee signs.
-Nice variety of flight paths.
-Flow was logical.
-Goals in great shape.
Cons: -Undergrowth is getting a bit thick.
-Some tee signs missing.
Other Thoughts: I just moved to the area and have been craving a good 18 hole course with some challenge and a little length. I found it at Foothills for the first time since moving here.
I loved the wooded holes which were trimmed very well, and provided clear paths that were intended. The undergrowth from time to time was a bit thick, but overall, the course was in great shape.
Most holes had tee signs that were accurate as far as I could tell. They made judging the shot much easier (especially with the elevation changes.
I think my favorite hole was the downhill island hole on the high voltage power line. That was a fun straight/slightly anhyzer backhand for me. I wish I had been able to throw from the normal tee on the 800 foot hole, but football practice prevented this. We had to play from the alternate tee pad for safety. (I still say the kids had helmets on, and it would have been OK to drive over them....just kidding).
Overall, I really liked the course and definitely look forward to playing it again. The rating right now is held back by the undergrowth condition. If this was corrected, it would move up quite a bit in my mind. I will keep an eye on it and adjust the rating accordingly. I hope there are more around that are as good or better than this one.
Courses Close By
- Easley High School Disc Golf, Easley SC USNo votes yet
- Dacusville DGC, Easley SC US(2 votes)
- Furman University, Greenville SC US(1 vote)
- Timmons Park, Greenville SC US(4 votes)
- Grand Central Station, Central SC US(4 votes)
- Holmes Park, Greenville SC US(1 vote)
- Gower Park, Greenville SC US(1 vote)
- Mountain View Park Disc Golf Course, Clemson SC US(1 vote)
- City Beach Disc Golf Course at Darwin Wright Park, Anderson SC USNo votes yet
- Anderson University, Anderson SC USNo votes yet