Tyger River Park
Pros: -Easy to follow flow. (No map needed)
-Concrete tee pads
-Great signage on each hole
-Course requires every shot in your arsenal
-Good mix of short technical with long big air
Cons: -Wish the layout order could have been a little better mixed. (lots of short and then lots of long holes)
-Small walk from 18 back to #1 tee.
Other Thoughts: I like this course a lot. I love the technical challenge of the first 9, and I like being able to air out some drives on the back. If you can good at playing this course well, you can play any course.
I realized quite quickly that you have to be patient on this course. Some holes are tough to birdie, and being too aggressive can get you into big trouble. But some of the holes can be reached and scored well on.
A lot of locals I talk to hate the length on the back 9, but, to be fair, I met those locals when they were playing on much shorter courses. I am sure there are locals here that love the length Tyger brings to the table in the back.
My one issue with the course is the mix of short and long. I think it would have rated higher if the short and long holes were more randomly mixed. I can see how it can become daunting on the back for some with bomber hole after bomber hole coming up one after the other.
I will definitely be playing here again, and again, and again.
Great layout. Some tight wooded shots and some long open bombers. A few in between the holes as well. One of the more fun course I have played.
Beautiful park, very challenging course.
Courses Close By
- Upward Sports, Spartanburg SC USNo votes yet
- Century Park Disc Golf Course, Greer SC US(1 vote)
- Michelin Disc Golf Course, Spartanburg SC USNo votes yet
- Woodruff Leisure Center Disc Golf Course, Woodruff SC US(2 votes)
- The Pipeline, Spartanburg SC US(2 votes)
- Wofford College, Spartanburg SC US(1 vote)
- USC Upstate, Spartanburg SC US(2 votes)
- Simpsonville City Park, Simpsonville SC US(1 vote)
- Edwin M. Griffin Preserve, Spartanburg SC US(1 vote)
- Holston Creek Park, Inman SC US(1 vote)