Pros: -Tee signs on every hole
-Good signage leading you to course from road
-Good variety of lines
-3 BEAUTIFUL holes
-Two practice baskets
-Lots of elevation change
Cons: -Almost entirely wooded
-Very tight in places
-Tee pads are mix between what used to be gravel and carpet (although footing was not an issue on tees)
-Not particularly cart friendly
Other Thoughts: I highly anticipated playing this course based on what I have heard, and it is a very good place to play.
Course is mostly wooded with relatively small windows that define flight paths. All the lines are there...hitting them is the problem. This is definitely a challenging course that will really make you consider each shot.
All holes have tee signage and navigation was fairly easy due to the well worn in paths. Tee boxes appear to have been filled with gravel at one time, but that is mostly gone. What is left behind is some sort of grid substrate that is flat and stable. It looked worrisome, but held up just fine for me. There is very little water in play besides hole 11, and it would be hard for someone like me to get into that trouble.
I believe my favorite hole was 17 with the high tee off to a long pin position with a tight lane to hit for the drive. I guess my least favorite was probably hole 1 simply because it is a tricky shot for me. But, I do look forward to figuring that hole out!
All in all, this is a great course, but I would have liked it to be a little more open because I am not good enough to consistently hit the lines that were required. But, some guys that played with me hit them well, so it can be done be high level disc golfers. I would recommend the course for intermediate level players and up. I think Rec level players would really struggle here.
Great course. Tough but fair. A lot of hills and wooded shots. Some lines are tight, but they are clearly there. A few open holes. Super fun.
Courses Close By
- Edwin M. Griffin Preserve, Spartanburg SC US(1 vote)
- Wofford College, Spartanburg SC US(1 vote)
- USC Upstate, Spartanburg SC US(2 votes)
- Michelin Disc Golf Course, Spartanburg SC USNo votes yet
- Upward Sports, Spartanburg SC USNo votes yet
- Tyger River Park, Duncan SC US(3 votes)
- Shoally Creek at Va-Du-Mar McMillan Park, Boiling Springs SC US(1 vote)
- Woodruff Leisure Center Disc Golf Course, Woodruff SC US(2 votes)
- Holston Creek Park, Inman SC US(1 vote)
- Century Park Disc Golf Course, Greer SC US(1 vote)