Ocala Greenway Disc Golf Course
Almost four years after last review, signs have not improved much. The map at the beginning of the course has been somewhat nullified due to the adding of extra holes which expanded the course from 18-24 holes. Unfortunately, instead of renumbering all the holes, they modified some numbers (hole 4, hole 4A, hole 4B)... Then at some point decided to switch to renumbering the latter holes (renaming hole 16 to hole 22, for example). I heard other players during my round complaining of the same thing. I'm still not quite sure how, but I jumped from hole 6, to hole 18, rather inadvertantly.
All that said, the course itself is a good challenge. Many tightly wooded shots for me to practice my lumberjack technique... And a handful of open shots to really let your arm rip. Nice elevation changes, especially being in Florida. Benches at almost every tee, some even having little pavilions.
Overall a very nice course, if you can find your way around in it.
Awesome set up. Pretty difficult with a lot variety of pin locations (left, str8, right). Only difficulty was figuring out where the 1st hole is (left trail of parking lot about 100 ft.) And always trying to figure out where next hole is. Needs more signs!
Courses Close By
- Sawmill Disc Golf Course, Ocala FL US(1 vote)
- Lake Okahumpka Park, WIldwood FL USNo votes yet
- Shady Brook Greenway Park, Lake Panasoffkee FL USNo votes yet
- Whispering Pines Park, Inverness FL US(1 vote)
- Lake Wauburg, Gainesville (Micanopy) FL US(2 votes)
- Lincoln Avenue Park West Disc Golf Course, Mount Dora FL USNo votes yet
- Floral Park, Floral City FL US(4 votes)
- Kenny Dixon Sports Complex, Bushnell FL USNo votes yet
- Barr Systems Disc Golf Course, Gainesville FL US(1 vote)
- Northside Park, Gainesville FL US(3 votes)