Short course designed for the beginner/amateur. Pros will call this a "pitch and putt", but it's nice and shady and well thought out. There are issues with course maintenance - some semesters are better than others (the crew out there are students and sometimes, they get some who are really into disc golf, so they keep it up better), but all in all, for what it is, it's a good course.
Wauberg has its pros and cons. The course has a good variety of angles and obstacles, and even a small amount of terrain to navigate. Several holes play along the edge of the forest, a few go through narrow alleys, and few shoot into/out of the woods. Hole 1 is the most frustrating on the course, so don't sweat the fact that you lose your disc in the forest right off the bat.
During the summer, the course can feel a little overgrown, and hole 2 features these god-awful palm bushes with horrible, sharp leaves. If you don't like spiders, stay out of the underbrush. Winter usually makes these things more manageable.
Sadly, you need a UF student/staff (one per car will do) ID to enter the park, but once you get in, discs are available.
Courses Close By
- Barr Systems Disc Golf Course, Gainesville FL US(1 vote)
- Northside Park, Gainesville FL US(3 votes)
- Jonesville Park, Gainesville FL US(1 vote)
- House of Trees, Newberry FL US(1 vote)
- Sawmill Disc Golf Course, Ocala FL US(1 vote)
- Ocala Greenway Disc Golf Course, Ocala FL US(2 votes)
- Whispering Pines Park, Inverness FL US(1 vote)
- Ronnie Van Zant Memorial, Green Cove Springs FL US(4 votes)
- Lake Okahumpka Park, WIldwood FL USNo votes yet
- Cemetery Point Park , Cedar Key FL US(2 votes)