Seth Burton Memorial Disc Golf Course
It's been a while since I've been to Seth Burton, but this is simply the best course I've ever played. One day I played the whole course twice, by myself, because I couldn't get enough. Now that I've played many courses around the mid-Atlantic, I look back at Burton with envy -- I wish there was a course like that where I live now! Hole #11 (if memory serves) is one of the best holes I've ever played -- the tee is about 20 feet above the pin and the fairway is shade grass sprinkled with about a dozen or more old growth oaks that create a solid canopy overhead. Simply beautiful. The people who designed this course knew what they were doing. Excellent signs and tee pads, plus places to stop to get water. This one is worth the trip.
More likely a 4 1/2, one of the best courses I've played. The fact that it's right next to Orange Crush makes it the best area for disc golf I've been. A fun, mostly open course with some great long holes to test your drives. Also, fantastic signs and teepads.
One of the best kept secrets in WV disc golf; the Seth Burton Memorial DGC. Designed by 1986 DGWC Johnny Sias #1700, Jason Stalnaker #10812 and Ken Rollins #7030 the course has something for all skill levels.
Beautiful park setting with immaculate tree's and excellent landscaping describes this championship course. Two sets of concrete tee pads (Long and Short), two pin positions (A and B), a plethora of out-of-bounds and wide variety of fairways challenge even the best disc golfers.
The course starts with a nice, short ace run through the trees with a distance of 148 feet. Keeping a low score on the front nine is crucial since birdies do not come easy on the back nine. Number 12 aka the Green Monster is a hefty 665 feet! Plenty of shots for the "big arm" and the "gap shooter" alike.
This course will challenge a disc golfer on every aspect of their game; from accurate drives to long distance bombs to that precise upshot and putt this course has it all!
Courses Close By
- Orange Crush, Fairmont WV US(2 votes)
- Dorsey's Knob Disc Golf Course, Morgantown WV US(2 votes)
- Veterans Memorial Park, Clarksburg WV US(1 vote)
- Butler Farm, Waynesburg PA USNo votes yet
- Tygart River Outfitters, Buckhannon WV USNo votes yet
- Jackson's Mill Disc Golf Course, Weston WV USNo votes yet
- The Timberdoodle Thicket, Middlebourne WV US(1 vote)
- Jumonville Camp & Retreat Center, Hopwood PA US(1 vote)
- Patsy Hillman Park Disc Golf Course, Hiller PA USNo votes yet
- Davis & Elkins College, Elkins WV US(1 vote)