In reading the previous comment I felt I had to weigh in on some of the statements made... this is an amazing course, the hole placements are very well thought out and the course is well maintained. This is a course that all levels can enjoy and really have a good time out on the course. I play this course near daily and couldn't be happier to call it my home course. If you are looking to get a round in and are in the area this course is a breathe of fresh air. There are around 6 courses in a 25-30 mile range that can also offer different aspects to strengthen you game, teach you about lines, and give you a chance to really rip some throws.
Sertoma Field is a nice, short, fun course. It doesn't offer many long throws but it does require placement on a lot of holes as many play into, out of or completely in the woods.
The overall length is about 4,300', so there are a lot of deuce possibilities out there...almost to a point where in competitive play you're worried if you don't deuce a hole, you have just lost a stroke to the entire field.
The course offers benches on every third hole and trash cans on 3 or 4 holes. The course is completely separated from the other park activities but some well meaning people will still walk through the course.
A small creek comes into play on several holes, so there is some water trouble...not much for seasoned player but enough for a beginner to lose a disc or two if not careful.
All in all, a fun, but rather easy course. Great for beginners...if they stay dry.
I play this course anywhere from 4-7 times a week, and I just love the layout and the overall flow of the land. I have sent 2 or 3 discs to the water, but have had little to no trouble retrieving them. The woods are not as tricky as they look, you just have to know how to adjust your throwing to get through/around some objects. There are benches and trash cans placed at some holes so you can take a rest on hot days. This is an all Par 3 course with lots to offer. I recommend you play this course regardless of your experience level.
Courses Close By
- Tamassee DAR School, Tamassee SC USNo votes yet
- Shaver Recreation Center, Seneca SC US(4 votes)
- Chattooga Belle Farm, Long Creek SC US(2 votes)
- Mountain View Park Disc Golf Course, Clemson SC US(1 vote)
- Clemson U. Outdoor Lab, Pendleton SC USNo votes yet
- Grand Central Station, Central SC US(4 votes)
- Eagle Creek at Clayton, Clayton GA US(1 vote)
- Stephens County/Rose Lane Disc Golf Course, Toccoa GA US(2 votes)
- Apple Mountain, Clarkesville GA USNo votes yet
- City Beach Disc Golf Course at Darwin Wright Park, Anderson SC USNo votes yet