Santa Cruz River Park
Visiting from the Midwest, playing a desert course was quite a change from the experience of playing alongside large trees, on grass, and from having water hazards. But this course offers the opportunity to learn desert "skip" shots that are not generally possible when playing over grass. Plus, the trees are much shorter to have to throw under and there are some cacti to avoid!
I can't imagine playing in the summer heat, but playing in January's reasonable temperatures (even wearing a light sweatshirt) was quite pleasant. We enjoyed it and played 3 times over 3 days. Seemed to be the best course (has multiple hole positions that alternate by month) in the Tucson area. Will play again the next time we are in Tucson!
One of the Oldest Course in Tucson. Has had many changes. Used to play here in the 90's. Still good one to play often.
Update: Signs are now up to date and the course is much better marked. I am removing my earlier comments about how poorly the course was marked and upping my rating to a 3/5.
Baskets about a year old (re-reviewed 09/25/2011). Now it's a nice little course, with easier A tees and more difficult B tees, with a few Cs seemingly thrown in (you'd have to ask a regular about those). Many birdiable holes on A tees. Very dusty with loose sand on course. Can get windy.
The concrete tee pads, on most holes, are really short hexagonal things. I've never seen a map 100% accurate. The map in the link has #10 on the wrong side of the road for instance(it is on the softball field side of the road. Now that signs are better not needed as much and you can always ask a friendly local.
sorry to say, wish i didn't waste my time on this course. much better courses in area. hard to find tees, very confusing!
Courses Close By
- Rillito River Park Disc Golf Course, Tucson AZ US(3 votes)
- Quail Canyon, Tucson AZ USNo votes yet
- Sam Lena Park, Tucson AZ US(1 vote)
- Sears Park, Tucson AZ US(2 votes)
- Groves Park, Tucson AZ US(2 votes)
- Marana Rock Disc Golf Course, Marana AZ US(5 votes)
- The Lost Forrest, Huachuca City AZ USNo votes yet
- A.V. Anderson Park Disc Golf Course, Sierra Vista AZ US(1 vote)
- Casa Grande Disc Golf Course - College Park, Casa Grande AZ USNo votes yet
- Golf Club at Oasis, Florence AZ USNo votes yet