Mt. Bachelor Alpine Disc Golf Course
Official Event Layouts
There are no official event layouts available for this course.
Wow. What an experience. Epic. What else can I say up front? It's a mountain! and you ride the lift up to 8000' or so and play down it. Warning, this is not a beginner course and not for casual play, and I recommend to have a local guide the first time you go, because even with a map it can be difficult to find the next holes after long walkouts. It does cost about $15 for a lift ticket unless you have a pass.
For the stout of heart and mind, this course offers massive bombs, technical shots, and a good mix of throws that are both scary and exhilarating at the same time. Test your depth perception and control with 600' air shots that are so downhill you can throw putters/mids at them.
Drawbacks are no permanent tee pads (its a ski slope under snow most of the year) and the footing can be treacherous with lots of loose rock. Watch the weather, it can be very windy, and a little moisture can make the footing even worse. And it goes back and forth across a mountain bike track, where the bikers own the hill and do not look out for you or discs at all.
I only rated a 3 due to no teepads and the other drawbacks (all part of the deal with a temporary course on a ski run shared with bikers). This is mostly a novelty course and not something I would revisit frequently, but I make it a destination with a couple other Bend area courses at least once or twice a summer. All that said, did I mention it is EPIC?!
Courses Close By
- Seventh Mountain Resort, Bend OR US(1 vote)
- Sunriver Homeowners Disc Golf Course, Sunriver OR US(1 vote)
- Rockridge Park, Bend OR US(1 vote)
- Hyzer Pines, Sisters OR US(1 vote)
- Pine Nursery, Bend OR US(2 votes)
- Sundance Meadows, Bend OR USNo votes yet
- Black Butte Ranch, Sisters OR USNo votes yet
- Dry Canyon Disc Golf Course, Redmond OR US(1 vote)
- Coyotes Den, Crooked River Ranch OR USNo votes yet
- Rimrock Park Disc Golf Course, Prineville OR USNo votes yet