FDR State Park
Solid course. Moderate challenge (though alternate pins and tees recently added makes the longer course a higher challenge). Good mix of wooded and open, short and long, hilly and flat. Laid out well. A must play in the NYC area.
This course is aswesome, tons of variety. You have really deep woods holes, right and left bending fairways there isn't much not to love. If you are in the area come play here.
Beautifully (volunteer) maintained course; VERY well marked and avoids getting too close to picnic areas, etc. Maps/scorecards are available at the booth upon entering ($8/car as of summer 2010) or at the snack bar. Bathrooms at a few spots on the back nine, none on front if memory serves. Most holes are relatively straight, although you have to go around trees many times. Varied terrain and a lot of fun. One hole has OB/drop zone and another has a Mando to the left of first tree; all well marked at tee box. Park in lot #1; Hole #1 is across the road, hole #10 is back across road again, down the hill from the snack bar, towards the soccer field. I don't give it 5/5 only because I haven't played enough courses in my life, but I'm guessing it deserves 4.5!
This course has it all. Short to medium hooking shots, fairways for backhand and forehand players, distance, and pinball shots. Well maintained with plenty of maple, pine, and oak trees throughout the course.
Courses Close By
- Leonard Park, Mt. Kisco NY US(5 votes)
- Beacon Glades , Beacon NY US(1 vote)
- Waveny Park Disc Golf, New Canaan CT USNo votes yet
- Cranbury Park, Norwalk CT US(2 votes)
- Oyster Shell Park, Norwalk CT USNo votes yet
- Campgaw Reservation - Green, Mahwah NJ USNo votes yet
- Campgaw Reservation - Blue/Black, Mahwah NJ US(5 votes)
- Hillcrest Disc Golf Course, Floriday NY USNo votes yet
- Sherwood Island State Park, Westport CT US(1 vote)
- Browns Point/Buzzy's Creek, West Milford NJ US(1 vote)