Dog Island Disc Golf
Official Event Layouts
There are no official event layouts available for this course.
This is perhaps my favourite disc golf course I've played to date. I'm on a PNW road trip and am taking my sweet time, decided to check out a few courses on my drive. This one popped up and intrigued me as being not too long, right off of I-5 and nicely wooded.
It got all of those spot on and then some! I don't understand there low ratings here (granted there are only 2). It seems they only comment on some shady characters that were hanging here. They didn't mention the awesome disc golf course which is the main attraction.
I played the first several holes with a local which really helped as the first half is very wooded and a couple of blind shots behind trees.
The course really opens up on the back 9 and some more distance is needed in your drives, but still nothing much more than about 350-400ft.
I never found hole 13 and couldn't find the tee box for hole 18. I'm sure I just didn't find them.
The signage is second to none, there are multiple pin placements, and all of the cement tee boxes are very clean. All in all it's what I would call a 'destination' course, certainly worth the stop.
Great little course, first half is through the trees, second half is open fairways. Lots of shade, not much poison oak. Wish it had some longer holes though.
Courses Close By
- Lake California Disc Golf, Cottonwood CA USNo votes yet
- Anderson River Park, Anderson CA US(2 votes)
- Sacramento River RV Park, Redding CA USNo votes yet
- Enterprise Community Park, Redding CA US(1 vote)
- Palo Cedro Community Park, Palo Cedro CA US(1 vote)
- Edgewater Disc Golf Course, Redding CA USNo votes yet
- Black Butte Disc Golf Course, Shingletown CA USNo votes yet
- Black Butte Lake Disc Golf Course, Orland CA US(8 votes)
- Vinsonhaler Park, Orland CA US(1 vote)
- Simpson University, Redding CA USNo votes yet