Shawnee Mission Park
I've played this course six times now and I'm still challenged each time. Depending on the multiple basket locations on each hole, some holes can be a close par 4 versus a long par 3.
Pros: Front nine has some good technical shots, especially teeing off from #3 and #6. Keep it low and avoid the trees on both sides. My favorite is #5, which even in it's second basket pin is still fairly easy to birdie. Depending upon what time you tee off (I usually head out around 6pm), by the time you get to #18 (Course usually takes about an hour to two hours to play), you can spot deer grazing in the evening.
Cons: The thick rough! The grass outside of the fairways is usually above knee height. Often, you need to be right on top of your disc to see it. I recommend brightly colored discs where the grass is high.
Overall: The course is fun. The players out here are friendly and helpful. I'm amazed out how many times I've been offered help in locating a lost disc or been given advice on throwing. Definitely worth the trip!
This is my home course now that I live in Kansas. Good layout. Good mix of open shots vs technical shots. Keep it low on hole 12. Playing short right now so lots of birdie and par opportunities.
Courses Close By
- Lenexa Disc Golf Course, Lenexa KS US(1 vote)
- Shawnee Country Club, Shawnee KS USNo votes yet
- California Trail, Olathe KS US(3 votes)
- Prairie Center Park, Olathe KS US(2 votes)
- Harmon Park Disc Golf Course, Prairie Village KS US(1 vote)
- Lakeside Hills, Olathe KS US(1 vote)
- Wyandotte County Park, Kansas City KS US(2 votes)
- Rosedale Park (Up Top), Kansas City KS US(1 vote)
- Rosedale Park (Down Under), Kansas City KS US(1 vote)
- Heritage Park Disc Golf Course, Olathe KS US(1 vote)