The Redwood Curtain at Humboldt State University
Absolutely loved this course. Playing through the redwoods was awesome. Technical level of this course with the change of elevation kept me interested. We were lucky to play with two locals that showed us where to go from hole 6 and on. Definitely a bit tricky to navigate. Not impossible as long as you know where to look for hole 11.
ONCE YOU FINISH HOLE 10
head back down the road you walked up to get to the first hole. Before you actually start to go down hill you should see a small building to the right of the road where there is a trail you take where you will get to 11 overlooking a pond you must throw over (great hole). Would love to play here again if I ever get the chance, and highly recommend that everyone does the same if given the opportunity.
Must play course. It's been said before, absolutely must get a guide (its a pretty busy place, there are folks about who can help point you in the right direction. Lots of trees, tricky pin placements, elevation gain/loss, in incredible redwood rainforest setting. Fairly serious laid back local players and a very together local DG organization have developed a bunch of great courses in the area. Add in the microbreweries, food coop... plan on a few days of disc bliss- and know why in part the locals are smiling!
Courses Close By
- Mad River Pump Station #4, Arcata CA US(2 votes)
- Manila Bay Disc Golf Course, Arcata CA US(1 vote)
- Beau Pre DiscGolfPark, McKinleyville CA US(1 vote)
- Cooper Gulch, Eureka CA US(3 votes)
- Coast Guard Air Station Humboldt Bay, McKinleyville CA USNo votes yet
- Steelhead Disc Golf Course at Creekside, Willow Creek CA USNo votes yet
- Birds of Paradise, Miranda CA USNo votes yet
- Salmon River Disc Golf Course, Cecilville CA USNo votes yet
- Miner's Point Disc Golf Course, Junction City CA USNo votes yet
- Southern Humboldt Community Park, Garberville CA USNo votes yet