North Park (Mineral Springs)
Official Event Layouts
Northwet Neglected Nines #5 Mineral Springs17-Mar-2019
- Holes: 18
- Length: 4,800 ft.
- Par: 54
- Divisions: FA1, MA1, MA2, MA40, MA50, MA55, MA60, MP50, MPO
Very technical and challenging. The course isn’t well marked , coupled with the multiple tees and baskets makes it difficult for “out of towers” to navigate.
I don’t know if the nets were set up before or after the previous reviews, but they seemed to provide adequate cover when you are on a tee pad.
Playing on this course is appropriately called, "chuck and duck". It's barely enough space to host 9 holes, much less 18 and discs are flying everywhere all the time. This park is a former arboretum and hosts a nice variety of trees, plants and flowers. There are some fun and challenging holes (especially with the local mandos and OBs) but the layout is confusing and it is too crowded. Fun to play once you've learned the layout and only on uncrowded days (fairly rare).
Tight and technical. Way too overcrowded. If I was just evaluating the course, and not the experience of playing the course, I'd easily give this three stars, but...
Only nine holes, which you replay from an alternate tee, or possibly shoot for a different basket, which isn't necessarily bad, but the fact that this course is in the middle of North Seattle means that there are just too many people to functionally repeat the back nine. And it's way too easy to have discs flying at you from four different holes at once.
I played this course a lot when I was first starting, because it was close, but I always went in the middle of a weekday, and at this point, I'll probably never go back. Don't try it for the first time on a sunny Saturday, and avoid it like the plague on 04/20, unless you can throw while wearing a football helmet.
Fun and challenging course. Lots of trees, which can be frustrating but fun in a challenging way. There are 18 holes, but you pretty much replay the front nine from different tees and sometimes a different basket (that's the only reason I don't give this a 5).
Courses Close By
- Terrace Creek, Mountlake Terrace WA US(3 votes)
- Howling Coyote Disc Golf Course at Blyth Park, Bothell WA US(3 votes)
- Northwest University Disc Golf Course, Kirkland WA USNo votes yet
- Juel Park, Redmond WA US(1 vote)
- Battle Point, Bainbridge Island WA USNo votes yet
- Gateway Middle School Practice Area, Everett WA USNo votes yet
- Lakewood King County Park, Seattle WA US(3 votes)
- Silver Lake Excalibur, Everett WA US(1 vote)
- Fredericksen Wilderness Disc Golf Course, Poulsbo WA US(5 votes)
- The Bud Pell at Ross Farm, Silverdale WA US(2 votes)