Lions Park III
This is lower rating than I would like to give for a course that has a couple unique holes.
The problem is that on first few holes, they are essentially straight throws on 50 foot wide fairways, but if you go off course the rough can be 6-8 feet high with prickly underbrush or into a pond. This course has no trees to block wind, so it would be easy to lose a disc.
Holes are 150-350'. I could do without the first 5 holes. However, I really enjoyed last four. 6 is a 350' open bomb with no danger, so you can go for a 350' ace. 7 is interesting because it's 250' uphill toss w pin on ridge of hill, so don't go over. Fun hole. 8 & 9 are downhill, open bombs from top of hill. Beautiful view of park....Bonus was I made 84' par putt on 9. I shot a 28 on 9.
All tees need some improvement. On the first 3 or 4 holes you need to deal with the stinging neddles and pond. Couse layout is ok, I'd rather go to the Zimmerman course if you are in the area.
Fun course and not a bad beginner/next level course. Very open, but they have let some of the vegetation grow higher making the roughs places you want to stay out off on 2 and 3. 4 crosses a pond on the original tee. Pretty flat until 7 and 8. I believe 9 is missing the basket and the skate park is gone.
Difficulty: 3 (step above a flat school course)
Course: 4 (not the best marked, but found it intuitive first trip)
Fun factor: 3
Traffic: 5 (no waiting)
Disc Eater: 3 (the pond could take your disc or the tall weeds.
Might make a nice weekend day trip for northern cities players to do an Elk River-Zimmerman-Princeton-Springvale-Cambridge-Isanti-Blue Ribbon Pines circuit.
Courses Close By
- Twin Lakes Park, Nowthen MN USNo votes yet
- Hudson Woods, Big Lake MN USNo votes yet
- Zimmerman City Park DGC, Zimmerman MN US(3 votes)
- River Oaks Park, Big Lake MN USNo votes yet
- Oak Grove Preserve, Oak Grove MN US(1 vote)
- Galloway Park, Champlin MN US(1 vote)
- Hassan Meadows Park, Rogers MN US(1 vote)
- Par-West, Monticello MN US(1 vote)
- Elm Creek Park Reserve, Maple Grove MN US(4 votes)
- VisionQuest, Cedar MN USNo votes yet