Jack Mattox Recreation Complex
Official Event Layouts
There are no official event layouts available for this course.
This is a Very Good course for beginners!! Holes 1-6 are in the open, while Holes 7-9 are in the woods and more technical. Good place to learn to throw, strategize/plan your shots, and practice. Shot my First Birdie on Hole 8 with an Innova Dart on 12 May 2018.
Wide open, with the last 3 short holes into some woods but with clear shots to the basket. A fun warmup course or if you feel like playing some stress free disc golf. Otherwise this course is just for beginners.
It's a regular course of mine now. It isn't hard at all but i can play it time and time again. I scored a -2 the last time i played it and almost aced a hole also. Whether for practice, pass time, serious play, or just messing around, it is a fun, easy course. I will definitely be playing here a lot.
Excellent course for this first timer. Got a feel for how the discs behave in flight. You get a chance to hone in your throwing in preparation for the last three holes in the woods. Very fun course. No signs, but the little markers at each tee tell you feet and what hole you're on.
Very good course for beginners. Three holes in woods; the rest are fairly open, but only one is just a field with a basket. Freeway noise can be distracting. Parking situation seems to have improved since opening.
This is an okay course. Very open. Great for beginners and intermediates. I'm not great, but I shot a -7 on this course through 18 holes.... if that tells you how easy it is. It's got two (maybe three) holes that are long enough that you can throw pretty hard, but most of the holes are short enough to use your mid-range discs at 75% power off the tee.
Anyway, it's a good course for beginner practice, straight throws and learning your discs flight patterns, but there's really only one hole that's halfway challenging and that's the last one (I still birdied that one also).
Great starter course to take a beginer to or practice your aim. Park says it closes at dark, but they seem to keep the gates open late. Rumor has it that they will make some longer tee pads, or just get creative on you own.
Courses Close By
- Camp Jordan Disc Golf Course, East Ridge TN US(2 votes)
- East Brainerd Church of Christ, Chattanooga TN US(1 vote)
- Chambliss Children's Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN USNo votes yet
- Shepherd Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(7 votes)
- Carver Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(1 vote)
- Southern Adventist University DCG, Collegedale TN US(3 votes)
- Sticky Pines Disc Golf Course, Ooltewah TN USNo votes yet
- The Sinks, Chattanooga TN US(8 votes)
- Portland Park Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(2 votes)
- Westside Disc Golf Course, Rocky Face GA USNo votes yet