Southern Adventist University DCG
Official Event Layouts
There are no official event layouts available for this course.
Pros: Nice teepads, well-maintained grounds since it's on SAU's campus.
Cons: Course can be clogged up with students playing other sports. The rough, as mentioned before, is obscene, packed with thorns, poison ivy, and almost impossible to search through. Holes 6,7, and 8 are gone due to construction in that area.
I was really happy to see SAU put a course in, but there is too many other things going on in their space for this course to be excellent, and after an elderly man walking on the sidewalk that runs parallel to the last hole got DRILLED in the face (I saw it happen), SAU got really paranoid about the course's existence.
Nice campus course with some variety. Tough to score it much better - given the limitations inherent in a course that runs though a campus rec area, but there are a few really good holes on this course.
Some interesting hole designs (a couple not so interesting). Very cool layout of the course... I especially like the 7th, 8th and 9th holes.... very nice to look at if not too terribly difficult. Quite a few of the holes (like the 3 I just mentioned) are somewhat scenic/picturesque. A few good distance holes... Chattanooga is lacking a lot of good distance holes on OPEN courses since all we really have is "the sinks" which is very closed in.
Only 14 holes. A running creek that comes into play on 6 of the 14 holes that will carry your disc away. The rough is AWFUL! If you go into the woods on most of these holes, expect to be in there a while looking for your disc... I spent 15-20 minutes one day looking for my disc and then 15-20 minutes another day trying to get my disc out of that running creek as it kept drifting away. Not fun, but those are only cons if you mess up and throw your disc in there. I'd say it's not a course for beginners just because of the distance and the trouble.
Anyway, I give this a 4 because I think it deserves a 3.5 (for hole design and length). The 4 is being optimistic in hoping that they put in another 4 holes somewhere. If they do, then this will definitely be a 4 in my book.
Courses Close By
- Sticky Pines Disc Golf Course, Ooltewah TN USNo votes yet
- East Brainerd Church of Christ, Chattanooga TN US(1 vote)
- Shepherd Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(7 votes)
- Camp Jordan Disc Golf Course, East Ridge TN US(2 votes)
- Jack Mattox Recreation Complex, Ringgold GA US(7 votes)
- Johnston Woods Retreat, McDonald TN USNo votes yet
- Chambliss Children's Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN USNo votes yet
- Dallas Island Disc Golf Course, Hixson TN USNo votes yet
- The Sinks, Chattanooga TN US(8 votes)
- Carver Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(1 vote)