Hop Brook Disc Golf Course
Course poorly marked, no discernible trails or signage apart from a few "next tee" signs. Signs basically point into the woods and if you get lucky, you'll come across a red stake for a tee. I played Jan. 2, so no leaves on trees, I can't imagine trying to find the holes or anything with foliage. The first tee is a solid 70 yards from the marked trail, and there is not a path or a sign saying "Disc Golf Course This-A-Way" perhaps there once was, but it may have been stolen or moved.
For these reasons I give this course a 1, also because off season the parking lot is closed as it is a state park, so you have to hike in about a mile to reach the course. Not that it's a big deal, but also print a score card and map offline first because there were none available.
This course, and particularly its terrain, has the potential to be incredible. Unfortunately, it's just not there yet.
A week or two of a crew with a chainsaw could make a huge difference, but right now it's a very sadistic course. I have played dozens of courses in New England, and am used to their heavily wooded nature, but there are times on this course where it seems like there is just a tee here, a basket there, and a million trees in the middle with no sort of "fairway" even thought of.
Still, it's quite an adventure, and probably worth a visit. I hope they continue to improve on it.
Courses Close By
- Hidden Pond Disc Golf Course, Southbury CT USNo votes yet
- Panthorn Park, Southington CT USNo votes yet
- Rockwell Park Disc Golf Course, Bristol CT US(1 vote)
- Flying Ace at Lufberry Park, Wallingford CT USNo votes yet
- Page Park, Bristol CT US(6 votes)
- High Plains Disc Golf Course, Orange CT US(1 vote)
- Alvord Park Disc Golf Course, Torrington CT USNo votes yet
- Park City Disc Golf Course at Veteran's Park, Bridgeport CT USNo votes yet
- Fairfield University, Fairfield CT USNo votes yet
- Keney Park, Hartford CT USNo votes yet