Elmer Thomas Disc Golf Course
This is my local course and it is in desperate need of a redesign and equipment upgrade. The Mach 1 baskets are not only outdated but have bent pans and missing chains. Most natural tees are eroded and dangerous and are basically unusable. The layout does not use the best features of the park which is a lake and small hills with elevation change. This property has tons of potential but is unusable for any sanctioned tournaments as is.
Easy to navigate, lots of signs, big course maps on 1 and 10. Long tees are long and fairly open, short tees still provide a challenge for the average skilled golfer. Baskets are old DGA Mach 1's from the late 1970's that are still in good condition. Baskets have single chains and a shallow bucket to make putting more challenging, especially in the Oklahoma winds. A fun course that you should play if in the area.
Great signage! Easy layout. Easy to get to. Next to a nice museum. Long course on the long tees. Fun course on the short tees. The road, parking lots and walking paths come into play quite a bit. Good use of the trees, but there are not very many. It was a 100+ degrees when I played and it seemed long on the long tees. Not very many trees but a bunch of prairie dogs. Good course.
Courses Close By
- Cameron University, Lawton OK US(1 vote)
- LETRA Disc Golf Course, Lawton OK USNo votes yet
- Sultan Park, Walters OK USNo votes yet
- Simmons Center, Duncan OK US(2 votes)
- Duncan Lake - West, Duncan OK US(3 votes)
- Duncan Lake - East, Duncan OK USNo votes yet
- Shannon Springs Park, Chickasha OK US(1 vote)
- Waurika Disc Golf Course, Waurika OK USNo votes yet
- Wind Creek Park Disc Golf Course, Sheppard AFB TX US(1 vote)
- Lindsay Memorial Disc Golf Course, Lindsay OK USNo votes yet