The Black Course
Official Event Layouts
West Virginia Hall of Fame Classic6-Oct–7-Oct-2018
- Holes: 18
- Length: 8,834 ft.
- Par: 70
- Divisions: MA1
- Holes: 18
- Length: 7,284 ft.
- Par: 65
- Divisions: MA3
Sweet course with breathtaking views. You will get tons of practice on this course, distance, placement, patience, and perseverance lol.
What an awesome course!! Just played it for the first time. The snow on the ground presented a footing obstacle, but the surroundings, the incredible views and the closeness to the wildlife was worth the trip. BW3 afterwards is an added bonus.
Suggest starting on hole 9 so that you end playing hole 8, which is right next to the park office, which has a working fireplace.
This course requires patience, planning and a good Roc or two, along with some good drivers. Congrats to Johnny Sias for a course well designed!!
With regards to the directions to the course: Once you cross the Ohio River on IR 470 and turn onto SR 2 / USR 250, stay on SR 2 / USR 250 until the routes split and stay on USR 250. Turn left on Fostoria Ave, just past the burned out industrial plant, which is the old Fostoria Glass Company. At the "Y" in the road, stay to the right, which turns into Oak Dr and ultimately Grandview Ave. This will lead up the hill to Grand Vue park. When turning left onto Fostoria Ave, there is also a sign indicating Grand Vue park, which is where the course is located.
Course is currently pay-to-play.
Courses Close By
- The Yellow Course, Moundsville WV USNo votes yet
- The White Course, Moundsville WV USNo votes yet
- Wheeling Island Marina Disc Golf Course, Wheeling WV USNo votes yet
- Memorial Park, St. Clairsville OH USNo votes yet
- Lynn-Hunkler Memorial Park DGC, Morristown OH USNo votes yet
- Bud and Carol Billiard Disc Golf Course, Wellsburg WV USNo votes yet
- Butler Farm, Waynesburg PA USNo votes yet
- Beatty Park Disc Golf Course, Steubenville OH US(2 votes)
- The Timberdoodle Thicket, Middlebourne WV US(1 vote)
- North Strabane Township Park, Canonsburg PA USNo votes yet