Avalanche Preserve Recreation Area
Baskets: all Discraft Chainstar. The front 9 were replaced in 2014 and a practice basket was also added.
Tee Signs: all of the vandalized signs were replaced in 2015 by the local club.
Log Benches, Next Tee Posts, and Trash Barrels: they're at every hole. Some also have picnic tables.
Tee Pads: while waiting for city approval on concrete, several improvements have been made. The log frames are being replaced with 4"x6" treated lumber boxes packed with baseball diamond dust (crusher fines), many of which are also covered with carpet. Concrete pavers are installed on special signature holes.
Cons: Lots of potential for additional holes. Hopefully someday soon we'll get approval to add more baskets too.
Other Thoughts: Huge thanks to Boyne City and the Boyne Valley Disc Golf Club for getting together and improving this great course. The mowing has been much better these past two years as well, and the amazing view at the top is worth the walk.
Courses Close By
- Boyne Mountain Ski Resort, Boyne Falls MI USNo votes yet
- East Jordan Community Park, East Jordan MI US(1 vote)
- River Road Sports Complex, Petoskey MI US(2 votes)
- Mt. McSauba Disc Golf Course, Charlevoix MI USNo votes yet
- Crowle Hole Disc Golf Course at Kiwanis Park, Harbor Springs MI USNo votes yet
- Camp Hayo-Went-Ha, Central Lake MI USNo votes yet
- Shanty Creek Disc Golf Course, Bellaire MI US(1 vote)
- Sturgeon Valley Campground, Wolverine MI USNo votes yet
- Aspen Park Disc Golf Course, Gaylord MI US(1 vote)
- Palmer Park, Mancelona MI USNo votes yet