Course layout is not good. The course originally had an 18 hole layout. The designer just decided to add another T-pad and cage to each hole. With no direction! I guess you can just make it up as you go.
When you compare this course to the others close-by (Boggy Bayou, Post'l Point, and Ferry Park)...technical is a bit of an understatement! A friend and I played here yesterday and because we are not the best players on the block had to work as spotters for one another. When you go outside of some of the fairways you are in the wilderness. Pack a survival kit in case you throw a wild disc and are determined to get it back :) The course is really beautiful and a lot of fun to play. Some unusual up and down terrain for this part of Florida, but welcomed. The front 9 and the back 9 are separated by a bridge over the marsh portion of the lake. If you take your first left when you come down the main entrance you can park by the pavilion. This is pretty much where hole 18 ends. Walk across the bridge/pier to get to the front 9. Hole one is on the far side of the clearing past the pavilion on the other side.
Love it! Unusually hilly terrain for this area combined with tight fairways make for a challenging course. Only a couple holes over 300ft but technically difficult. Well maintained and marked. Easy to follow the course. Most baskets are not within view from the tee. has nice area for grilling/hanging out. Really, really nice remote area course just off HWY 85 just south of HWY 123. There is a sign marking Anderson Pond on HWY 85. We didn't see anyone else while we were there.
Courses Close By
- Boggy Bayou Disc Golf Course, Niceville FL US(1 vote)
- Post'l Point Disc Golf at Eglin Air Force Base, Eglin Air Force Base FL US(1 vote)
- Ferry Park, Fort Walton Beach FL US(5 votes)
- Morgan Sports Center, Destin FL US(1 vote)
- Osprey Disc Golf Course, Hurlbert Field FL US(1 vote)
- ChainDragon at The Freeport Sports Complex, Freeport FL US(3 votes)
- DeFunk Disco, DeFuniak Springs FL US(2 votes)
- NAS Whiting Field Disc Golf Course, Milton FL US(1 vote)
- Gator Links at NLA, Milton FL US(1 vote)
- Pirates Cove at NLA, Milton FL USNo votes yet