PDGA Joins Battle Against Breast Cancer
Join the PDGA in the fight to end breast cancer! For the 3rd year in a row, the PDGA will be donating $2 to the Young Survival Coalition for every female player that competes in a PDGA-sanctioned event during the month of October.
According to the Cancer Treatment Center of America, breast cancer is the most common non-skin cancer among American women. One in eight women will develop invasive breast cancer during her lifetime. But advances in breast cancer treatment mean many women can expect to beat the disease and maintain their physical appearance. In fact, the 5-year survival rate has gone from 63% in the 1960s to 89% today.1
The image below is an infographic from the Cancer Treatment Center of America containing dozens of facts about breast cancer that every woman should know. Click on the image to display the full version on the Cancer Treatment Center of America website.
About the Young Survival Coalition
Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women who are diagnosed with breast cancer. YSC offers resources, connections and outreach so women feel supported, empowered and hopeful.
Among other services, YSC:
- Provides information, resources and support from diagnosis through long-term survivorship.
- Educates and empowers young women to be their own best health advocate.
- Works with healthcare providers, researchers and legislators to educate them about the unique issues young women face.
- Advocates for more studies on breast cancer in young women and access to quality care.
Through it all, YSC helps women find meaning, comfort and hope during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives.2
There is still no cure for this horrible disease, but there are many organizations out there to help. The Young Survival Coalition is one of them and we are more than happy to be partnered with them for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
The PDGA, with help from the PDGA Women’s Committee, are continually looking to develop ways to increase female participation in disc golf events through the year. With this worthy cause on the table, we hope to bring more women out to the courses and raise awareness for early breast cancer detection and the supportive resources that are available today.
So, ladies, sign up for a PDGA-sanctioned disc golf event near you this October and help the Young Survival Coalition in all of their efforts!
For more information on this incredible organization visit www.youngsurvival.org.
- Cancer Treatment Center of America, Breast Cancer Information, http://www.cancercenter.com/breast-cancer/learning/
- Young Survival Coalition, About YSC, https://www.youngsurvival.org/about/who-we-are
- posted 9 hours ago
- posted 1 day ago
- 2019 United States Women's Disc Golf Championships presented by Spotsy Disc Golf Club and Driven by Innova Discsposted 1 week ago
- posted 1 month ago
- posted 11 months ago
- 1 of 32
- next ›