Woodsboro Park Disc Golf Course
Pros: (1) Three tee pads per hole with different angles and some have completely different fairways.
(2) Two baskets per hole except for holes 1, 9 and 18.
(3) Lots of elevation change, sometimes 60 to 100 feet on some holes.
(4) Secluded course with front and back 9 returning to the parking lot.
(5) Park closes at 10:00pm with no gate. Glow league once a week throughout the winter
(6) 95% of the toe breaking stumps have been removed.
(7) Benches on many tee pads with more on the way.
(8) Course drains extremely well.
(9) No gnats during the summer
Cons: (1) Holes 1 and 2 have grass tee pads, but the club has been given permission to put in concrete pads when funds/donations are in hand.
(2) All improvements/maintenance are handled/funded by the local club and supporters only.
(3) A few fairways are challenging due to the number of trees but the town has put restrictions on what can be cut. Some trees have fallen on their own.
(4) Course has changed so much in the past few years the tee pad signs are not completely accurate.
Other Thoughts: Woodsboro is a unique course with elevation changes on almost every hole. Three (3) tee pads on every hole boxed in by railroad ties with crush (except for holes 1 and 2. Concrete pads for these two holes are in the plans for the future) give it an old western feel on each hole with good grip. Recently all front railroad ties have been lowered flush to the ground with a follow through area not seen on older videos. All tee pads drain extremely well unless you are in a down pour and almost dry immediately. In the winter months with freeze and thaw during the day it may take a little longer to become dry but that should be expected. This course was redesigned in 2015 when 9 additional holes were added to complete the 18. (Two) Disc Catcher baskets on 15 of the 20 holes at this time. Yellow is short and white is long. Currently we have 3 alternate pin placements on 15 holes and 2 on holes 1 and 18, Hole #9 has 1 pin placement however you can use the practice basket near the parking lot as a longer alternative. We will keep installing a few at a time as we can. Fairways are well defined however there are many trees to give you hesitation and really make you think of what line you will take. Creativity is a must when playing this course as you will need a multitude of shots to score well. Several holes have 2 to 3 differing fairways when standing on different tee pads on the same hole. There are possible roll-a-ways at many of the baskets, so be advised to think twice before you putt, as a birdie may turn into a bogey in a heartbeat. Speaking of heartbeats, this course will be an up and down hill hike so be prepared. Beautiful overlooks on a few of the holes will make you pause for a group photo. This park is open until 10:00 pm with no gate to enter or exit. If you are into some "Glow" rounds, this is the perfect place. This course is constantly evolving and has really become a must see in the State of Maryland. The course was created and is maintained by local players with a passion for the game. Our club has some strict restrictions from the town as to what trees can be removed so keep this in mind when you come visit. The course is funded by players and friends only at this time so we can only move so fast. We are currently installing benches on tee pads and plan to continue as we get funds. Just this past year we have added holes 19 and 20 with one basket each, which are located around the skating pond. Please take a look at the videos on YouTube to get a good idea of what to expect. I love many courses but this one is special.
Please come visit, all welcome
Courses Close By
- Heritage Farm Park, Walkersville MD US(1 vote)
- Lake Linganore Disc Golf Course, New Market MD USNo votes yet
- The 5th Element, New Windsor MD USNo votes yet
- Middletown Park, Middletown MD US(2 votes)
- Skycroft Conference Center Disc Golf Course, Middletown MD USNo votes yet
- Ditto Farms Disc Golf Course, Hagerstown MD US(1 vote)
- Creeping Creek Disc Golf Course, Hampstead MD USNo votes yet
- Clark's Run Disc Golf Course at Freedom Center, Leesburg VA USNo votes yet
- Leister Park Disc Golf Course, Hampstead MD USNo votes yet
- Patapsco Valley State Park, Ellicott City MD US(6 votes)