Lake Mendocino (South)
Fun course! Lots of poison oak from what I remember. Right handers that throw side arm will score fairly well here. Great place to go camping and nice to be able to wake up early and hit the course. Fishing at the lake is also a plus.
This challenging, fun, heavily wooded course was designed by a lefty, so bring your anhyzer game righties!
Course is newish but well established now and doesn't have a huge crowd every weekend.
Like Lake Mendocino North, there are many technical, lefty oriented shots to squeeze out those anhyzers you work so hard for. Side-arm flickers will have a blast.
New DGA mach 3 baskets and decent rubber mat/concrete tees.
Course is located next to campground at Lake Mendocino, so access is easy for visitors here, and the other Lake course is just a few miles away.
Restrooms and picnic benches are available, and plenty of parking is available.
Free scorecards and pencils!
Rangers hold disc golf clinics during the summer and occasionally give out new discs to attendees.
Pin locations are not shown at tees, and distances on signs do nothing to tell you where the pin actually is.
Basket locations change with the whim and whimsy of the local rangers from the lake, so it's hard to know where the baskets are at times without checking.
Hole 1 and Hole 2 both border a steep downhill/cliff on the left hand side- beware! (Not really a con for pros :)
Quite a few holes (5, 12, 13, & 14) are blind tees- advise first time players to have a spotter.
Hole 15 in the long position is notorious for lost discs with lefty hyzer shots over the trees.
Courses Close By
- Lake Mendocino (North), Ukiah CA US(2 votes)
- Mendocino College Disc Golf Course, Ukiah CA US(2 votes)
- Low Gap Park, Ukiah CA US(1 vote)
- Anderson Valley Brewing Company, Boonville CA US(3 votes)
- KOA Campground, Willits CA US(1 vote)
- Brooktrails Golf Course, Willits CA US(1 vote)
- Highland Springs Reservoir, Lakeport CA US(1 vote)
- Buckingham Golf Course, Kelseyville CA USNo votes yet
- Manchester Beach KOA, Manchester CA US(1 vote)
- Redwood Coast Rec Center, Gualala CA USNo votes yet