Johnson Road Park
Official Event Layouts
The Boomtown Throwdown (GDG 5k/10k Event)16-Jun-2018
- Holes: 18
- Length: 5,502 ft.
- Par: 54
- Divisions: FP40, FP60, FPO, MA1, MA2, MA3, MA4, MA40, MP40, MP55, MP60, MPO
- Divisions: FP40, FP60, MA4, MP55, MP60
- Holes: 18
- Length: 5,520 ft.
- Par: 54
- Divisions: FPO, MA1, MA2, MA3, MA40, MP40, MPO
This is my first review, a mixed use park. let me walk you thru it from a novice point of view. the first 5 holes are thru the woods lots of trees good throwing lanes a good warm up its going to be a little harder the rest of the way. 6) is over water 440' from tee to hole. looks scary, stay right you'll be fine. there is a secondary tee on the walking path. 7) water to the left, O.B. in front of , to the right and behind the hole.
8) 300 something ft. to blind hole on left. 9) Tee is on walking path near the lake,water on left, walking path is also O.B. 10) Trees in the way really tight.11-13 thru the woods. 14) you come out of the woods facing a lake and have a super ani shot throw it high and let it fade back, better fade or you'll be wet. lots of brush to the right you 'll be in jail if you go in there.15) breath 16) long, over water also has a secondary tee. 17) a well placed shot is the only option here no room behind the hole at all not much space in front of it. 18) walk down the stairs its an up hill shot wasteland in front of you got to make it to the top to have a decent second shot.
Overall a great setting for disc golf. Pros: great setting, good mix of hard (water and OB) and easier/normal to play holes. Cons: mixed use park setting sometimes you got to watch out for the other guy. walkers, runners, bicycle, people fishing.
Can't believe no one has rated this course!! Very nice course. Nice use of park. Although you're throwing into some occupied areas, a lot of the course is strictly for Disc golf. Beautiful layout. Nice tee signs, nice baskets, nice pads. I would definitely come back for more play
Courses Close By
- Sycamore Creek Disc Golf Course, Collierville TN US(1 vote)
- The Grove at Red Oak Lake, Cordova TN USNo votes yet
- Shelby Farms, Memphis TN US(1 vote)
- The Woods at Calvary Chapel, Bartlett TN USNo votes yet
- Central Park, Southaven MS US(1 vote)
- Libertyland Disc Golf Course, Memphis TN USNo votes yet
- MAM Disc Golf Course, Memphis TN USNo votes yet
- Latimer Lakes - North, Horn Lake MS USNo votes yet
- Latimer Lakes - South, Horn Lake MS US(1 vote)
- Bud Hill - Original, Memphis TN USNo votes yet