IUP College Lodge
For the master disc enthusiast, this course is not very difficult. It provides a nice balance for a range of player ages and abilities, with some holes playing easier, and others playing more difficult. There are white tees on every hole, and blue tees on most (but not all). I would describe all of the holes and scoring as fair, and one thing that I/we like about the course is that different holes require different kinds of approaches, throws, or strategy. There are holes that are straight (1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 18), several that dog-leg right (7, 16), and a number that play through the trees (2, 3, 6, 13, and the very challenging 15). To play the course, you have to scale the mountain twice (once on the front 9, again on the back 9), but there is ample shade for the dog-days of summer. I play this course almost every day with my 15-year old son and 7-year old son, and it makes for both good fun and good exercise. We rarely lose discs playing the course, though we do damage or break one occasionally in the woods.
Entertaining, woodsy course, with some wide open fairways on lower part of former ski hill. Many elevated shots, though none too steep. Some wonderfully tight alleys in the hardwood forest, but not much undergrowth, so discs easily found. Hole 18 is a mother... about 50+ feet wide at the tee, quick bank off downhill, about 2-300 feet down it opens into a huge bowl, with the pin all of 785 feet away. This writer happened to turn over a T-Bone, which sailed some 770 feet before stopping, setting up a birdy. Yow. Enjoy!!
Courses Close By
- Getty Heights Park, Indiana PA US(1 vote)
- Pine Ridge Park, Blairsville PA US(1 vote)
- Penn State New Kensington Disc Golf, Upper Burrell PA USNo votes yet
- Saint Francis University, Loretto PA USNo votes yet
- Sugarcreek Park Disc Golf Course, Cowansville PA USNo votes yet
- Deer Lakes Park, Tarentum PA US(1 vote)
- Prince Gallitzin State Park, Patton PA US(1 vote)
- Monroeville Park, Monroeville PA US(1 vote)
- Western PA School for the Deaf, Edgewood PA USNo votes yet
- Highland Park, Altoona PA US(1 vote)