Frog Creek Disc Golf Course at Shale City
Scoty Fever: I had the chance to throw down at frog creek, Thanksgiving of 2012 . This is a tone course( three coffee cans together on a post), which I think is harder then baskets ( My younger brother thinks different). The first tee took about an hour to find, but once your there the magic begins. There are well warn paths to each tee box (which is dirt). Left's and rights through the Cedar trees that reach to the sky and make a canopy. Lot's of shoots through the trees and large open holes to really fling. Seventh tee (which all tee are drawn on apiece of painted board) has to be one of my favorite's. It is called "The Stairway to Heaven", 296' to the can. Over the valley and a nice left around a giant cedar,You can really through this one. Its a Hike through the hills, valleys, and over fallen Pines. Lots of cows and cow pies. I brought three disks and a umbrella I used as a hiking stick. It's a great work out and fresh air.
Pros include - great location, views, elevation and terrain. Cons? Tough to navigate, natural tees, tones not baskets.
First course I ever played......greatest course I be ever played.....tight long shots......lots of trees steep up and down hill shots.....its kinda hard to find tee 3or 4 you do kinda need a local to guide you thru the first time......I do this sport to keep my weight off......this course is a very physically challenging course......not for the faint of heart......or flatlanders. ...
Played in July 2010 - course utilizes posts with coffee cans for holes which plays well into the forest surroundings. Course is a bit technical and signage is a bit tough to decipher but it is well laid out. We never found the tee box for 18 so just shot from the gravel mounds over the water as I'm sure that was what was intended :) It's a bit outside of Ashland but worth the drive.
Courses Close By
- Southern Oregon University, Ashland OR USNo votes yet
- Bear Creek Disc and Golf, Medford OR USNo votes yet
- Southern Oregon VA Rehabilitation Center, White City OR USNo votes yet
- Gold Hill Sports Park, Gold Hill OR US(1 vote)
- Tom Pearce Park, Grants Pass OR US(3 votes)
- Riverside Park, Grants Pass OR US(2 votes)
- The Attraction at Moore Park, Klamath Falls OR USNo votes yet
- Crest Street Park, Klamath Falls OR USNo votes yet
- Lake Selmac, Selma OR US(2 votes)
- Wolf Creek Park, Wolf Creek OR USNo votes yet