Central College Disc Golf Course
This course is probably one of the best maintained courses around the area. Nestled in around the athletic fields and outskirts of the Central College campus, someone put a lot of effort and thought into the design of the course and it makes good use of the natural landscape.
There are a couple holes that are just really plain and boring, but that is more of the exception. None are really hard, but you can use every shot in your bag at some point across the course.
A winding creek with mature trees lining the banks come into play on several holes. While most pins have a relatively good path towards them, several are tight and the shot will have to be well placed to go for the deuce, and a miss can cost an extra shot pretty easily.
The only real negative were the short tee pads. They are concrete, just not real long.
This course may not be on par with some of the courses like were used in the Worlds around here a few years ago, but it's a lot of fun and definately worth stopping if you are in the area. If this course were just a little closer to home, it would be one I'd enjoy playing all the time.
Courses Close By
- Jefferson Elementary School, Pella IA USNo votes yet
- Roberts Creek County Park, Otley IA USNo votes yet
- Twin Cedars Disc Golf Course, Bussey IA USNo votes yet
- Edmundson Park, Oskaloosa IA USNo votes yet
- Mammoth Disc Golf, University Park IA USNo votes yet
- Prairie City Park, Prairie City IA USNo votes yet
- Maytag Park, Newton IA US(2 votes)
- Woodland Park, Newton IA USNo votes yet
- Sandy Dunes Disc Golf, Eddyville IA US(1 vote)
- Montezuma Disc Golf Course, Montezuma IA USNo votes yet