Bellevue State Park
This course has potential to be really fun course to play.
I recommend printing the map of the course as it is not well marked. Some holes are very difficult to find if you haven't been here before.
I only play this course in late fall, winter, or early spring. The brush is very thorny and full of poison ivy. The later holes can be marshy if it has rained recently and I've had numerous ticks on me after playing. This course is not forgiving of mistakes!
Also bring a towel for your discs. They WILL get muddy!
If you come in warmer months be prepared to be scratched by thorns, bitten by bugs/ticks, and leave with muddy shoes. Especially watch for the poison ivy that surrounds most holes. Poor throws often land in thick thorns or poison ivy.
Better played in colder weather when the brush isn't thick, the bugs are gone, and no poison ivy.
The Delaware Disc Golfers are working to replace the baskets and improve the tees on Bellevue, so please don't do anything to the course at the present. But thank you for your eagerness to help! It'd be great to have your input with work days and volunteering.
over all a fun course to play. the down side is there is a fee to get into the park which adds up if your out of state.. so if your going to play a lot get the annual park tag. the course its self has some fun dog legs and a few blind cages.. but is ninety percent wet... so watch for mud. on any hole. the ground is pretty sloshy in parts. it is pretty and a few of the holes were hard to locate the first time around as they werent clearly marked nor where the cages marked very well. i am planing to go out there with spray paint and fix them but as its a Delaware state park i may get in trouble. if you get lost till then just ask some one playing the course and they will guide you to the next tee.
Courses Close By
- Brandywine Creek State Park, Wilmington DE US(3 votes)
- Canby West, Wilmington DE USNo votes yet
- Riverview Disc Golf Course, Pennsville NJ USNo votes yet
- Greenridge Disc Golf Course, Newark DE USNo votes yet
- Anson B. Nixon Park, Kennett Square PA US(5 votes)
- White Clay Creek State Park, Newark DE USNo votes yet
- Iron Hill, Newark DE US(2 votes)
- Alcyon Woods, Pitman NJ US(1 vote)
- Lums Pond State Park, Bear DE USNo votes yet
- Kerr Park, Downingtown PA US(1 vote)