Barfield Crescent Park
I consider this a mid range course. 18+ 1 including a beginners 9 hole front 9. The +1 is a practice putting green close to hole #1. Course was originally planned with regard to having handicap access to the original 9 holes including paved walkways from tee to pin. It does have it all and most shots in your bag are needed. Water hazards come into play on 2 holes. 50/50 mix of wooded and open. Elevation is also included. This course is well maintained by the Parks Dept as well as topped off by the local club, MTDGA. Good signage at tee pads, along with benches and trash barrels on most holes. There are secondary pin locations on almost all of the back 9 and usually only utilized during PDGA Tier level Tournaments. As I am an ambassador of disc golf and its mission and direction and am glad to be able to just have a course in my hometown to play on, the following are a small list of frequent complaints I hear regarding the course: Poor layout involving #16 and #17. Concrete around the front 9 pins leading to long skips and many damaged discs. The only issue I personally have is, I think mondo, drop zones and OB should be clearly marked or listed on the information board near #1.
Do not let your first impressions fool you--this course is a beast. Excellent course for beginners with the "black" holes in clearly marked and very accessible baskets. The "red" holes are challenging and rewarding with decent drives. Great variety--bring a disc that floats as water is in play for 2 holes. Locals are pretty chill, but park is very popular on a nice day.Very clean, well-marked park. Worth the drive from Nashville.
Courses Close By
- Common Ground Disc Golf Course, Murfreesboro TN USNo votes yet
- Sharp Springs Disc Golf Course, Smyrna TN US(3 votes)
- Cane Ridge Advanced Disc Golf Course, Antioch TN US(2 votes)
- Cane Ridge - Short Course, Antioch TN USNo votes yet
- H. V. Griffin Park, Shelbyville TN US(1 vote)
- Burde Ridge, Woodbury TN US(1 vote)
- Henry Horton State Park, Chapel Hill TN US(4 votes)
- Cedars of Lebanon State Park, Lebanon TN US(6 votes)
- Liberty Park, Franklin TN US(4 votes)
- Crockett Park, Brentwood TN US(6 votes)