Poplar Hall 9
Poplar hall 9 is a brand new course and gives a great change of scenery compared to other local courses (Bayville I'm talking about you!)
The course itself is well laid out for the small area that it takes up. All 9 holes are par 3 and the layout makes it easy to get par (yet not to easy) however to get a 2 on a hole you HAVE to get a good drive. Unlike other local courses where birdies may sometimes feel like a par this course, in particular, it feels good to get a birdie.
This course will challenge you with multiple lines that you can take to get to the basket. Overall the holes are wooded for the most part but fairly open all at the same time.
This is a brand new course (literally put in a week ago) so there is still finishing touches that need to be done:
Teebox is a wood rectangle outlining a natural pad and no signs to show the hole or direction to next hole. (I assume more will be added with time)
Being a new course fairways are fairly crisp (exception to hole 9 still trying to figure out the exact line for that one) but could still use some "course maintenance"
All in all a great course to change up the scenery and to challenge yourself with something new! Highly recommend this course!
Hole 1 and hole 6 are standout to me.
Courses Close By
- Virginia Wesleyan College, Virginia Beach VA US(1 vote)
- Bayville Farms Park, Virginia Beach VA US(3 votes)
- Cutter Park Disc Golf Course, Norfolk VA USNo votes yet
- USCG Base Portsmouth Disc Golf, Portsmouth VA US(2 votes)
- Deep Creek Elementary School, Chesapeake VA USNo votes yet
- Bennett's Creek Park, Suffolk VA US(3 votes)
- Northwest River Park Disc Golf Course, Chesapeake VA US(2 votes)
- Hampton 9 Disc Golf Course, Hampton VA USNo votes yet
- Munden Point, Virginia Beach VA US(3 votes)
- Ace Run Ranch, Suffolk VA USNo votes yet