As is our tradition, my son and I were out of town in Wichita (saw the RATT show at the Cotillion), and made certain we got a little of the local disc golf flavor by playing one of the hometown courses. Despite ringing ears, a lingering hangover, and 95 degree heat, this course was incredible!
First, the park is situated like a peninsula, surrounded by the river. The water and the scenery were quite surreal and left me forgetting, on more than one occasion, exactly where we were! The course itself was well-manicured, fairly flat, with a nice balance of open holes, and more technical ones.
At one point, the course plays through and/or near a very odd, yet interesting water treatment plant/museum. Again, this added to the recurring feeling for both of us, that we were somewhere other than Wichita! And perhaps that's just as well, since I played horribly here; hitting ever tree on the course, and ultimately landing a disc in a pond! Nevertheless, the next time I'm in Wichita, I will not hesitate to play this course again. I need to redeem myself!
I played in the 2011 wichita doo dah and shot a +15 on the red tees and a +6 on the blue tees with all holes being a par 3 during the tournament. Baskets were nice and tees were marked but don't recall seeing distance or pars marked at the tee off areas.
Courses Close By
- Riverlawn Christian Church, Wichita KS USNo votes yet
- Herman Hill Park, Wichita KS US(4 votes)
- Camp Hiawatha, Wichita KS USNo votes yet
- Maize South Disc Golf Course, Wichita KS USNo votes yet
- Cessna West Park, Wichita KS USNo votes yet
- West Millbrook Park, Wichita KS USNo votes yet
- Eastminster Church Disc Golf Course, Wichita KS USNo votes yet
- Hap McLean Disc Golf Course, Park City KS USNo votes yet
- Flying Bee Country Club, Valley Center KS USNo votes yet
- McConnell Air Force Base, Wichita KS USNo votes yet