This is a fun 9 hole course, perfect for a stop off on the way home from work for a quick 9. The first 4 tees are fun. The 5-6 are in a very tight space. It's safe as long as you wait for everyone to finish and they are quite short so its not a long wait. ** it is STILL CLOSED ** so if you want to check and see when it is going to open or to bug the person in charge that you are waiting for it to open 510-287-0140 Laura Luong :-)
Chabot has a pretty cool landscape. Yes the original dirt tees are short but they have some longer more exciting alt dirt tees, Yes some of the baskets are close to where cars park and I've heard car alarms go off from discs before but the baskets are fun set in the locations that they are. True that there are holes over baseball field , volley ball courts and horse shoe pits butttt.. the shots are entertaining. I guess what I'm getting at is that they squeezed a fun 9 hole played from the longer tees into a limited area and as long as the park doesn't have a bunch of people using the park for the other amenities it can be an enjoyable round
This is an excellent starter course. Most of the drives are fairly short and overall the course is straightforward. It features a nice mix gentle up and downhill shots with a few technical shots to make things interesting.
The idea that the baskets are too close has not been my experience. I've played this course more than 30 times and proximity has never been an issue. Just like any other course, if you're considerate of others and wait your turn, there's no problem.
The one drawback of this course is the non-disc golf players who use the park. After 4:00 the park becomes a hangout for wayward youth. On warm days, it can get a little crowded with families barbequing and using the field. On days like this you have to be extra-careful not to hit people, but the same goes for most courses which are multi-use.
This is a dangerous course, because the holes are so close to each other. That's why I can't recommend this to anyone.
The nine holes are quite tightly packed in the small piece of the park.
Courses Close By
- Lake Chabot Disc Golf Course - Hills , Oakland CA USNo votes yet
- Lake Chabot Disc Golf Course - Bay, Oakland CA USNo votes yet
- Lake Chabot Disc Golf Course - Lake, Oakland CA US(2 votes)
- Moraga Commons Park, Moraga CA US(4 votes)
- Old Ranch Park , San Ramon CA US(3 votes)
- Aquatic Park, Berkeley CA US(6 votes)
- Walden Park Disc Golf Course, Walnut Creek CA US(4 votes)
- Gleneagles Disc Golf Course, San Francisco CA US(1 vote)
- Hillcrest Community Park, Concord CA US(2 votes)
- Gehringer Park Recreation Club, Concord CA USNo votes yet