Arakelian Park Disc Golf Course
Official Event Layouts
There are no official event layouts available for this course.
Arakelian Park itself is well groomed and a pleasant place to play. The tee pads and baskets are in good condition. The course plays better as a recreational and beginner course due to its very short length. There generally aren't too many people around which does allow for unhindered play, except for the first three holes of the course. The openness of the park, slight changes in topography, and winds make for interesting safari options.
Holes 1 and 2 are nearly unplayable if there are children around the playground. The baskets for holes 1 and 2 are no more than forty feet from each other, and the tee pad for hole 3 sits in the fairway for hole 2. The tee pads for holes 5, 7, and 8 are all slanted and provide for difficult footing when making a throw. Hole 5 plays at the west end of the course and can be a headache for new players whose discs may hyzer into the backyards of neighboring homes. There are a few holes where tables don't sit far from baskets, making some throws nerve racking. The biggest knock on this course is a poorly conceived layout leading to safety issues.
The lack of space in the park limits the ability to have a truly interesting course for all skill levels. If you are a more advanced player and in the area it's worth checking out just because it does provide for some good short game practice. Hole 7 is an enjoyable hole, as is hole 9 in my opinion. Unfortunately, the layout issues make this a frustrating course a good amount of the time.
This course gets only a 2 from me as the #4 tee was imposible to find. Even standing at the #4 basket and looking back I never did find it. Every other tee box was easy to find as they are concrete and very well done! There are several Par 2's on this course but the final 3 are cool as they are side hill shots with trees for hazards. You can shoot 9 holes in about 45 minutes if no one is in front of you. Cool neighborhood park with very nice grass.
Courses Close By
- Fahrens Park Disc Golf Course, Merced CA US(1 vote)
- River Oaks Golf Course, Ceres CA USNo votes yet
- East La Loma Park, Modesto CA US(1 vote)
- Planada Elementary School Disc Golf Course, Planada CA USNo votes yet
- Firebaugh Disc Golf Course, Firebaugh CA US(1 vote)
- Monument Ridge Disc Golf Course, Raymond CA US(1 vote)
- Kiwanis Disc Golf Course at Town & Country Park, Madera CA USNo votes yet
- Cody Minter Disc Golf Course, Raymond CA USNo votes yet
- Hensley Lake Disc Golf Course, Raymond CA US(2 votes)
- Twain Harte Disc Golf Course, Twain Harte CA USNo votes yet