Agnes Moffitt Park
An excellent, venerable course, good for beginners.
There have been several updates in the last few years.
The tees are now concrete, and several have been moved. There are two tees per hole (both concrete.) The second set of tees gives it some variety.
The 18th hole has changed.
It is a personal favorite as the course on which I learned the sport.
We played this course with a group of 5 first-timers and it seemed like exactly what we needed. An experience disc golfer with a puppy even adopted us to show us the ropes, so it is a very friendly atmosphere. There were some soft spots around the course, but no actual water hazards to deal with (I appreciated that since I've seen more advanced courses). I could see how more experienced disc golfers would want a higher difficulty, but this was great for us.
This course is a two because it is flat and not challenging. It is confusing to find the holes because the tee signs are just small posts in the ground with numbers. Tee pads are dirt and badly worn to the point of bad footing.
The "extra" chain is for the thriving disc golf community who were friendly and including. That is one thing this course has going for it is that it is well loved by the community and that counts for a lot.
A pretty nice course with some good distances on the advanced tees. The park could be maintained a little better and the baskets are pretty old. However, it is a fun course to play and can be a challenge. DO NOT go after recent rain without waterproof boots. Water collects around the baskets and all over the fields.
Courses Close By
- Nottingham Park, Houston TX US(1 vote)
- Memorial Drive Disc Golf, Houston TX US(2 votes)
- Jersey Village Disc Golf Course, Jersey Village TX USNo votes yet
- White Oak Bayou Bandit, Houston TX USNo votes yet
- TC Jester Park, Houston TX US(1 vote)
- White Oak Conference Center - Inwood North, Houston TX USNo votes yet
- White Oak Conference Center - Inwood West, Houston TX USNo votes yet
- Wortham Trail Disc Golf Course, Cypress TX USNo votes yet
- McClendan Park, Houston TX US(2 votes)
- Husky Disc Golf at Houston Baptist University, Houston TX USNo votes yet