East Carolina University
For a flat course, this one is simply fantastic, with enough trees to give you a challenge, but without nuisance underbrush to swallow up errant discs. The distances will stretch your arm, with a high proportion of 300'+ holes, especially on the back nine. Be prepared to open it up! And hole #18 is one for the books, with spongy centipede grass that feels like a ball-golf fairway, running alongside a beautifully maintained pond.
Pros: Easy access; easy parking; well laid out; great distances; good mix of trees and open spaces; concrete tees on every hole; and newbies can borrow quality discs from the clubhouse with an ECU ID.
Cons: Some of the holes are marked as Par 3's that should probably be Par 4's (e.g., 17); only one tee per hole; the water hazards on 16, 17, and 18 can potentially claim your disc if you're not careful -- bring a floating driver if you have one!
Courses Close By
- West Meadowbrook Park, Greenville NC US(2 votes)
- Covenant, Winterville NC US(1 vote)
- Farm Life Disc Golf, Williamston NC US(3 votes)
- Barnet Park, Kinston NC US(2 votes)
- Lake Wilson, Wilson NC USNo votes yet
- Silver Layke at Rocky Mount Sports Complex, Rocky Mount NC US(1 vote)
- Sunset Park, Rocky Mount NC USNo votes yet
- Englewood Park, Rocky Mount NC US(2 votes)
- Farmington Park, Rocky Mount NC US(1 vote)
- Glenburnie Park, New Bern NC US(3 votes)