Earl W. Brewer Park
This course was actually established as an object course in 1981, not 1985. It has undergone
several design changes and survived despite an encroaching housing development and a terrible reputation for not-so- great activities.
The design that is currently in place is better than the 4 nine hole design, but still needs a professional PDGA designer to come in and restore Brewer's iconic disc golf status.
The park is not large enough to have truly PDGA quality 36 hole course. and desperately needs basket upgrade.
27 holes MAX would be best for this size park. PLEASE redesign to PDGA standards !
A great course with four sets of nine to choose from. Usually very busy. Blue is short and in the woods. White starts out in the field and moves to the woods after a few holes, longer than blue. Red is long and in the field, wind can be an issue. Gold is long and can be overly wet on the last half of the holes. All great nines depending on what you are looking for.
This course used to be one of the best! The old layout was 18 holes and was a lot of fun to play. The new layout squeezes 4 9 hole courses out of most of the same space that the old 18 hole course occupied. What you end up with are four mediocre courses, still worth playing if you are on the south end of GR though. This course is EXTREMELY busy and you will often find yourself waiting behind amateur mob-golfers. Also, be careful about the drinking allowed part, last I knew it was only for 2 months out of the year and drinking outside of those dates would result in a very stiff fine, need some confirmation on this though. Outside of the dates the park was patrolled by very sneaky plain-clothes officers looking like any other golfer out there but writing tickets!
Courses Close By
- Corinth Reformed Church, Byron Center MI USNo votes yet
- Jaycee Park, Kentwood MI US(3 votes)
- Old Farm Park, Grand Rapids (Kentwood) MI US(1 vote)
- Caledonia High School, Caledonia MI USNo votes yet
- Heritage Park, Grandville MI USNo votes yet
- Garfield Park, Grand Rapids MI USNo votes yet
- Lamar Park, Wyoming MI US(1 vote)
- Johnson Park, Walker MI US(2 votes)
- Calvin College, Grand Rapids MI USNo votes yet
- Cascade Township Park, Cascade Township MI US(1 vote)