Parma Disc Golf Course at Veterans Memorial Park
Very cool course, using the hills and trees for some unique shots. Just about every hole you are either shooting uphill or downhill. Not many chances to let it rip, as you need to pick and choose your way around the trees. Nice tee boxes and maps. Each map has distance and elevation change. Some holes had 'to next tee' signs if you could find them, but it was easy to navigate the course anyway. Plus each basket had a piece of tape on the rim, which let you know which way the next hole was - first time I have seen that.
This park is also known as "State Road Park".
I give this course a 4 because of the use of land, challenge, and nice tee boxes/maps.
Fun 18-hole course to work on your finesse shots. Each hole has the # of feet marked with a small map detailing where the hole is. In the woods for almost the entire time, make sure you use brightly colored discs as they can be lost in the sticks/trees pretty easily. Trees are densely packed on some holes so accuracy is key. Overall a good place to play on a hot day since you'll be in the shade the majority of the time. Holes range from about 200 - 350 feet each.
Tee boxes have since been added since the review in 2011 and the back nine is just as easy to navigate now - they even changed around some basket locations in the past few weeks.
Was just at the course last week. Very nice wooded and hilly course. The front nine is very well marked. It has tee boxes, with diagrams and information plaques, and the baskets are marked with the hole number as well. The back nine was added later and can be confusing to navigate the first time. There are no tee boxes on the back nine and it is very hilly. I would suggest asking someone who has been there before to help navigate if you are a first timer. Overall I really enjoyed this course.
This is a nice 9 hole course. It has pictures at the beginning of each hole so you know where to throw. Also has arrows to guide you to the next hole so a map is not really necessary.
Courses Close By
- Cuyahoga Community College - West , Parma OH US(2 votes)
- Baldwin Wallace College Disc Golf Course, Berea OH US(2 votes)
- Cahoon Creek Disc Golf, Bay Village OH USNo votes yet
- Cuyahoga County Airport Disc Golf Course, Richmond Heights OH USNo votes yet
- Poolside Disc Golf Course, Medina OH US(1 vote)
- Sims Park Disc Golf Course, Euclid OH US(3 votes)
- Hudson Springs Park Disc Golf Course, Hudson OH US(4 votes)
- Roscoe Ewing Park, Medina OH US(6 votes)
- Pier-Lon Park DGC, Medina OH USNo votes yet
- Friends of Punderson Disc Golf Course, Newbury OH US(2 votes)