Hudson Springs Park Disc Golf Course
Clean and well kept. Front nine is more open with a few control shots. For RHBH players it is a nice little mix of hyzer shots and turn over shots. The back nine is mixed open and wooded. The "rough" in wooded area was well kept. Very little danger of losing a disc. The only over grown area is a well mark OB. It has a few holes with some elevation changes. Hole 17 (if I remember correctly) is about 450 ft and drops 50ft down. It was probably my favorite hole.
Good course. The addition of several newer holes threaded in the woods helped this course a lot. Some wide open holes. Front nine is shorter with some challenging tee shots. Back nine is much longer and has the newer wooded holes. If you only have time for 9 play the back nine for sure. Seems well taken care of.
I can only review the front nine as I was only in town for one day and there was a crazy thunderstorm that I had to deal with.
I gave it a 3/5 because it was a fun little course. The tee boxes are not concrete, as advertised (at least not the front), and due to the weather they were a muddy mess when I played. The front nince is very short (with the exception of the only Par 4 on the course, No. 8), and not too techincal, although you do need to have accurate drives to get through the trees on some of the holes. Or you can do what the 3 locals I played with did and throw tomahawks and/or thumbers on every hole to go over the trees. The front nine was short enough that they could reach most of the baskets from the tee.
I will definitely try this course again the next time I am in town.
This is a great old course with a bright future, good to see a club forming finally with the drive to make things happen and a park director that sees the advantages of having a club in the area. Plus the first PDGA event happening here on September 25th 2010. Get out and Just Disc Golf
Courses Close By
- Mulligan Springs, Suffield OH US
- The Hangar - Wingfoot Lake State Park, Suffield Township OH US
- Friends of Punderson Disc Golf Course, Newbury OH US
- The Grassman at West Branch State Park, Ravenna OH US
- Parma Disc Golf Course at Veterans Memorial Park, Parma OH US
- Cuyahoga Community College - West , Parma OH US
- Portage Lakes Disc Golf Course, Akron OH US
- George Knox Park, Middlefield OH US
- Cuyahoga County Airport Disc Golf Course, Richmond Heights OH US
- Boettler Park, Green OH US