Shepard State Park
Trust the map, very accurate. (A must have) The best course on the MS coast. ^^^ those guys must be better than they let on, I think a +6 is my pr for this course according to the pars set on the scorecard (some par 2's and 4's) Prepare yourself for hole 10, long shot over the swamp. Must cross bridge to basket.
Course has been cleaned nicely. $3 fee at the front gate. Dropbox provided, also has scorecards and directions. Discs are available in the front gate for rental or to buy. Intermediate course, always fun to play
I am currently an Am and shoot Under Par on a good day.
On a bad day, +1 or break even.
Well maintanied mid-range course requiring finese not power. Course is carved out of heavily wooded area. Ask for a map at the front gate upon entry. Even with it, I found it hard to navigate the course. There are a few signs near baskets pointing players in direction of next hole, but then it's hard to find the tee area on many holes. Once the tee area is determined, you have to walk the fairway on about two-thirds of the holes in order to find the basket as you can't see the baskets from the tee area.
All thast the park needs is to drop some 4x4 posts into the ground at the tee areas with hole number and length and the course gets another link grade.
As an advanced player I shot even with 16 pars on my first round.
Vice President - Orlando Disc Golf Club
Courses Close By
- IG Levy Disc Golf Course, Pascagoula MS US(3 votes)
- Keesler Air Force Base Disc Golf Course, Biloxi MS US(2 votes)
- Hiller Park, Biloxi MS US(1 vote)
- Baker High School, Mobile AL USNo votes yet
- Cottage Hill Park, Mobile AL US(2 votes)
- University of South Alabama, Mobile AL USNo votes yet
- Langan Municipal Park, Mobile AL US(2 votes)
- Municipal Gold Disc Golf Course, Mobile AL US(1 vote)
- Spring Hill College Disc Golf Course, Mobile AL USNo votes yet
- MRAG Disc Golf Course, Mobile AL USNo votes yet