Monte Sano State Park
Excellent course to say the least. Surprised more weren't out playing. It was my second time playing on carpet, the first being at a course on a private residence (just thought they could't afford concrete) and I have always been skeptical that damp conditions would cause mold and stink but I have been proven wrong thus far. I ma a huge fan of the consistent grip vs wet concrete pads. Well maintained and a bonus mini course winds right along with the back 9 in the park.
PRO: Very Technical, challenging, and fun. Targets have Custom Ad rings around the top of the basket (Yellow/Green) making them easy to find. I'm a fan a needing to be creative and this course offers just that.
CON: Fall play equals easily lost discs right in the fairway. Lots and lots of leaves.
Multiple pin locations need to be permanent. Theirs no sure way to know when the secondary locations are utilized. Very busy tourist park with lots and lots of trails and campsites. More often than not a group or family would cross a fairway having no idea.
Courses Close By
- Drake Springs, Huntsville AL US
- Brahan Springs Park, Huntsville AL US
- Mastin Lake, Huntsville AL US
- Univ. of Ala. Huntsville (UAH), Huntsville AL US
- Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville AL US
- Indian Creek Disc Golf Course, Huntsville AL US
- Dublin Park, Madison AL US
- Sportsplex, Athens AL US
- First Baptist Church of Tanner, Tanner AL US
- Flying Dragon Disc Golf Course, Decatur AL US