The Monster at Fighting Creek
front 9 are the long distance holes, back 9 are the most changeling espically for an am like me.map on fist tee a big help too
Monster. The front 9 are massive and can be daunting for your first time. The back 9 are excellent!
The name says it all the fairways are usually in great shape. No bridges to cross over the multiple creeks. Extremely long course that needs to revamp the short length tees. Many of the short tee boxes are almost impossible to find or non-existent and if you are not a seasoned disc golfer the long holes almost need an extra stroke added to each par. All of the long tee boxes have rugs as well as signs pointing toward the holes. The signs are pretty crucial as many of the holes are almost impossible to see after walking half way down the fairway. In general could be a great course if the short tee boxes were revamped and all of the signs were repaired at the long tee boxes. It is almost imperative to have a course map on a first excursion onto this course as it is just massive and passes through some dense woods.
It's the closest course to me so I appreciate that ... I played it a couple times shortly after it opened - looked like it was waiting for some development. Good combination of woods and openness. I recommend getting a course map from the library as it doesn't typically make sense where you go for the next tee pad and there weren't signs. One hole is like 1700 ft long which is just unenjoyable,
Courses Close By
- University of Richmond Disc Golf Course, Richmond VA US
- Dunncroft - Castle Point Park, Glen Allen VA US
- Bryan Park, Richmond VA US
- The Village Disc Golf Course, Glen Allen VA US
- Gillies Creek Park, Richmond VA US
- Goyne Park Disc Golf Course, Chester VA US
- Lancer Park Disc Golf, Farmville VA US
- New Hanover Presbyterian Church, Mechanicsville VA US
- Betty Queen Center Disc Golf Course, Louisa VA US
- Dorey Park, Richmond VA US